Just how observant ARE you? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Just how observant ARE you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 05:23 PM   #11
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1733 Times on 960 Posts
Likes Given: 5280

My Favorite
I was walking into a room, set down my eye glasses, "Honey, have you seen my glasses"

Re the rainbow. I was right ........ about the inside rainbow, but not the double.
Overall score: FAIL * 1/2 = FAIL

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 07-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #12
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Well, I have figured out why there can be problems with eye witness testimony- too many of us SEE things, but do not truly observe them.

Everyday things that we have seen hundreds (or thousands) of times- but can you accurately describe them? I'll toss out the first- no Googling, now- use your memory- and God knows if you cheat. And you good folks add any examples you have.

Item #1. Driving this afternoon, after a heavy rain, sun at my back, beautiful rainbow. Bet you have seen one dozens or hundreds of times- right? Well, starting on the inside, and on going out- list the colors in order. (Stunned silence)

DO NOT POST THE ANSWER HERE- but DO post your example of common items we see- but fail to observe.
The answer really depends...some rainbows are more pronounced than others. Some i have seen the entire spectrum, others are faint and have only been able to see half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
I cheated, but I'm not trying to hide it either, and I guessed wrong. After Googling pics, I never realized double rainbows reverse the order of colors.

What do people commonly fail to see? How blessed they are. The good in people, instead they focus on the bad.

How advertisements are borderline lies, and yes, they are trying to get you to buy something.

Diversionary tactics in the news (political).

My personal biggest one: how much of a difference someone can make in this world. Enter a room full of people in a good mood, complement people, laugh and joke. Enter a room, b!?@& and moan, be generally pessimistic, and be a real Debbie downer. One person can ruin many other peoples day with an attitude, or vice versa.
This is SOOoooo true. I for one try to be happy, upbeat and helpful at all times (sometimes, i admit i have to go pop off on ignorant POS's)

Example: 8 a.m. class, was told by one girl i was FAR to upbeat and cheerful for that early in the morning (i tend to get up between 5 and 5:30 every morning...old habit from working the trades for so long so 8 am is NOT early) she ended up quiting the class. (heard thru the grapevine (some of my friends in the program) it was because of me and my cheerfulness)

I also have friends in the same program that call me "Sam" (aka samwise gamgee...yes we're geeks and students of Tolkien) I take that nickname as the highest of compliments. (if your a student of Tolkien you will understand why)

Example 2: I have a buddy (fellow gun nut) every time we meet at the local watering hole he is CONSTANTLY bitchin' about something! Kids, work,wife, weather, you name it. Myself and a few others can be laughing, joking and having a mirth filled time...then HE walks in and poof, its done. (people at his work call him Mr. Grumpy...he doesnt understand why) Still like the guy well enough, but DAMN!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 07-29-2013, 08:27 PM   #13

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

I was right on the rainbow Mr. ROY G. BIV . I see your reflection
Sorry learned this in school 25 yrs ago . I bet they dont teach that stuff now a days

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 07-30-2013, 03:54 AM   #14
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 945 Times on 563 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Slightly off of your topic, but at the last gun show I went to I picked up a rifle with iron sights and noticed that the front sight was blurry as was the far wall of the room. Since then I have realized that I have been reading road signs because I know what they say instead of actually reading them. Got an appt. with the eye doctor for the 4th of sept., got a feeling I am not gonna enjoy what she has to say.