This just happened... - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > This just happened...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
I'm thinking college graduation is in a week, and the famous 'keg crawl' is Friday. I bet they're just making a show of force to remind the students that they're around.
I get where some of you are coming from, but seriously, they ignored my expired windshield sticker, refused my ID when I handed it over. They seriously just handed me a bag of cookies and told me to drive safe. I have zero problem with that.
And before you ask if they have better things to do, remember. I live in the sticks. I see the sheriff maybe twice a year drive by and that's it... For a 'college town' that's pretty impressive, and we have next to zero crime, so yes, I seriously believe they have nothing better to do.
Now did you go out and get that sticker renewed?

When on active duty I give out 10 to 20 written warnings for every ticket - - - but I report to all other deputies that you were given a warning and I check for warnings you were given - - - If you were given a written warning and your actions did not change the next time you will have a day in court.

The other way to get to see the judge is to get rude with me, try to get physical and you will get bracelets - - - remember if you are not in view of my dash cam you are still in range of my voice recorder.

I feel I am there to serve the public good and making you pay fines is not always the best thing - - - but if I had given you the cookies and then I see you a couple of days later I would check your sticker. Fair enough?

Old 04-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #22

Liked 1460 Times on 884 Posts
Likes Given: 339

The cops in my area had the coolest anti drug bust I had ever seen. I was coming home on the interstate, and there in the median, was a big lighted sign that said, "Sheriff's drug check point ahead." I was a bit disappointed that is was right before my, out of the way, rural exit and I wouldn't get to see the action.

As I get around the curve on the exit ramp, not visible from the highway, there they were, Local and state police, checking "driving licenses". They had the drug sniffing dogs, and they had about 15 cars parked in the grass, and a school bus full of cuffed victims. Drugs, wants and warrants, and every other crime in the book. The "victims" thought they were being slick, jumping off the interstate to miss the "check."

The State Trooper checked my license briefly seeing that I lived just down the road, and we had a good laugh about the highly successful "sting".

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 04-25-2013, 10:53 PM   #23
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8885 Times on 3847 Posts
Likes Given: 1391

Chainfire- saw that years back in GA, Traveling on the interstate- big message board- "DRUG CHECKPOINT 1 MILE". About 3/4 of a mile- and there is the exit. I'm thinking "Well, THAT is pretty stupid!".

As I passed the exit, I looked up the ramp- yep- about a 1/4 mile up- THERE was the checkpoint. Nothing on the interstate.....

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:58 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Chainfire- saw that years back in GA, Traveling on the interstate- big message board- "DRUG CHECKPOINT 1 MILE". About 3/4 of a mile- and there is the exit. I'm thinking "Well, THAT is pretty stupid!".

As I passed the exit, I looked up the ramp- yep- about a 1/4 mile up- THERE was the checkpoint. Nothing on the interstate.....
It is called a "ruse checkpoint" and has been argued in courts and higher courts more than a couple of times. Last I heard, it was still constitutional, something about a certain level of stupid being almost illegal.

No, they never fooled me.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.