Just got my rifles out of pawn but found pawn shop took them out fired them. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Just got my rifles out of pawn but found pawn shop took them out fired them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2013, 07:37 AM   #21
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1319 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 606

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Just file a complaint with your states Attorney General's office. Pawn Shops are closely watched by the state that issues their Pawn Brokers Licenses.
NiteStalker beat me to it! Every pawn shop has very rigid and strict rules regulating their license because there business is so easy to abuse. If they fired your guns, are they wearing pawned jewelry out on weekends? I would try the State Attorney General, Bureau of Consumer Affairs (if separate from A.G.), Better Business Bureau and RipoffReport.com. Since they removed the firearm from the property to shoot it, BATFE might be interested as well (removed from secure storage with no transfer). Check with local police/sheriff to see if any local crime was committed. Do not let them blow you off - DEMAND response and that they follow up with you after investigating.

Contact every agency you can think of that has any bearing on their business. Find out if they lease their building and complain to the landlord. Make their life a living Hell by having every agency they hate checking into their illegal activity. I have had an owner calling me and begging me to stop. Trust me, it works.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

People Like This 
Old 09-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2032 Times on 1061 Posts
Likes Given: 389

Man, that stinks. BUT it does provide the material to inspire a good Country song.........probably could throw something in there about 'rode hard and put to bed wet'

in all seriousness, a Pawn shop does not tend to be one of the more reputable businesses going. you obviously needed the cash and found out it cost more than you thought it would. bummer!

Old 09-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #23
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7088 Times on 4266 Posts
Likes Given: 8589

Even though you left them with clean rifles and got them back dirty, it would be hard to prove. Your word against theirs. Unless they broke something on the rifles, I would let it go. It's going to be hard to pursue. Consider it a lesson learned.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2088 Times on 1133 Posts
Likes Given: 3162

Quote:
Every pawn shop has very rigid and strict rules regulating their license because there business is so easy to abuse.
Not in OK.

The OK legislature passed a law making it very hard to charge a pawn shop owner with knowingly receiving stolen property. This happened after rich Lawton pawnbroker went to prison for receiving stolen property.

Old 09-08-2013, 11:43 PM   #25

Liked 70 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Even though you left them with clean rifles and got them back dirty, it would be hard to prove. Your word against theirs. Unless they broke something on the rifles, I would let it go. It's going to be hard to pursue. Consider it a lesson learned.
I am not one to let something go. Even if the State AG doe nothing I will do everything in my power to cost them alot of business. They are a very popular place for members of the Crow Tribe to take bead work to and since my wife is quite literally related to about half of the Crow Tribe they are going to lose alot of business. If either rifle is damaged they will be homeless by the time I am done with them.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:18 AM   #26
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1877 Times on 1085 Posts
Likes Given: 3878

Contact the local Better Business Bureau (BBB) on this as well.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:25 AM   #27

Liked 308 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Not to be an a$$.... But that's what you get when you pawn your sh!t. Happens all the time with firearms.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 38

That sucks. I think this situation would be worth complaining about; even if you don't reach a resolution, the store will know someone is investigating them now and maybe they will think twice next time. A pawned gun is not the same as a pawned DVD player. Don't get me wrong, you shouldn't expect either to be used for other people's entertainment while in pawn. But it is a serious breach of trust that the store caused, as you don't know who used the gun or for what purpose and they won't even admit it was fired. What if someone was caught illegally possessing or using your gun after it was taken out of the store? Or what if they returned it damaged without telling you and it causes someone injury? That doubt would make it impossible for me to do business with them again if I was in your shoes. The bottom line is you left it there with the understanding that your gun would be held in the shop until you came back with the money within a specified time period.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #29

Liked 2476 Times on 1414 Posts
Likes Given: 1933

Yanno, if your guns are so popular, maybe you should

rent them to the Pawn Shop, next time you

need money...

Old 09-10-2013, 08:29 PM   #30

Liked 74 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 204

Sorry that happened, but who could possibly resist the temptation, especially if they were nice ones. MAYBE...Don't pawn off the "kids" if you are that protective of them. lol! Extreme times call for extreme measures....but not the guns!!!! never!!!