Just got the hand cuffs off
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Just got the hand cuffs off

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2011, 06:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 841 Times on 541 Posts
Likes Given: 256

Default Just got the hand cuffs off

When coming back from my walk this morning I was stopped by Arizona's finest. One drew a bead on me with his M-16 while another approached me with his pistol drawn. I was 1 block from my house just walking down the street. They cuffed me and disarmed me. Ran my gun's serial number and checked me for wants/warrants (I guess). They said I matched the description of the bad guy they were after. The description was "wearing dark clothes". I had jeans and a black windbreaker. Never asked for my ID. After about 5-10 minutes I was released and given back my pistol. If there even was a bad guy in the area I find it highly unlikely that he would be walking in plain sight when he could see the cops in the distance.
I was/am extremely upset. It just showed me again that the police can do nothing for me only to me. I find it very unlikely that I will ever contact the police for any reason.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-06-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Were you open carrying or concealed carrying? Isn't AZ an open carry State?
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-06-2011, 07:58 PM   #3

Liked 130 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Yea...You never know what's going to happen in the next few minutes and you never know how it's going to turn-out .....either .......good..or..bad...

Old 11-06-2011, 09:45 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

OP,
I believe this sort of thing is just the tip of the iceberg and all of us are just passengers on this "Titanic". With the doctrine of law enforcement rapidly changing from "protect and serve" to "dominate and control" it's only going to get worse. Then will come reprisals against the police resulting in even more thuggish behavior. Where and how this will end is anyone's guess.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:07 PM   #5
fmj

Liked 754 Times on 438 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickySantoro View Post
OP,
I believe this sort of thing is just the tip of the iceberg and all of us are just passengers on this "Titanic". With the doctrine of law enforcement rapidly changing from "protect and serve" to "dominate and control" it's only going to get worse. Then will come reprisals against the police resulting in even more thuggish behavior. Where and how this will end is anyone's guess.
Already started...and "They" the ones in charge dont understand it is THEIR behavior, NOT ours that is causing the reprisals.

As i have stated on a different thread, In my mom and dads day, and even in my tyounger days, police were revered and respect! Today they (through their OWN actions) have become feared and despised.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-06-2011, 11:29 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Police used to be "Peace Officers", now they're "Law Enforcement Officers". It may be semantics, but I think not.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-06-2011, 11:44 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1341 Times on 793 Posts
Likes Given: 250

I would check with an AZ lawyer that specializes in Firearms laws. In MI, that's a winning lottery lawsuit. Illegal detention without reasonable articulatable suspicion.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:02 AM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
When coming back from my walk this morning I was stopped by Arizona's finest. One drew a bead on me with his M-16 while another approached me with his pistol drawn. I was 1 block from my house just walking down the street. They cuffed me and disarmed me. Ran my gun's serial number and checked me for wants/warrants (I guess). They said I matched the description of the bad guy they were after. The description was "wearing dark clothes". I had jeans and a black windbreaker. Never asked for my ID. After about 5-10 minutes I was released and given back my pistol. If there even was a bad guy in the area I find it highly unlikely that he would be walking in plain sight when he could see the cops in the distance.
I was/am extremely upset. It just showed me again that the police can do nothing for me only to me. I find it very unlikely that I will ever contact the police for any reason.
Yonder be your probable cause right there.

I find it extremely hard to believe, that on their own hook, they braced you for no reason. Not to mention that if they had a patrol rifle and a pistol pointed at you...the feller they were looking for is wanted for a SERIOUS felony offense. Not a beer run for crying out loud.

Number one...I never had TIME in my day to play dick dick with John Q. Public. There were ALWAYS calls stacked up that I was trying to get to.

If they were less than touchy feely and didn't hug you afterward...read above...they had a subject to find IN YOUR AREA. That you resembled that subject bought you chat time with "Officers Friendly". Would you rather they NOT stop you and NOT try to find the above mentioned subject IN YOUR AREA, possibly NEAR YOUR HOME, or near YOUR WIFE OR CHILDREN?

Maybe it's just me...but I'd thank them for doing their job.

"Dark clothing"...you know...that may just be the BEST description they had to go one. Eyewitnesses are notoriously inaccurate (the EASIEST to shoot down in court by the way).

Rarely if ever does an officer get anything as specific as "#5 male, 180-200lbs, 5 foot 9 inches tall, medium brown hair, green eyes, wearing a navy blue t-shirt with COPS SUCK printed in yellow, wearing Levis brand jeans, and NIKE AIR sneakers, white in color with a red stripe...last seen heading east bound on Grant Road between Tucson Blvd and Country Club...thought to be heading to his baby momma house located at__________ her name is Whoreina..."

ALL you may get is "White male, medium build, wearing dark clothing, in the area of Grant and Alvernon. Subject is wanted for ________. Please hold for _____"

OC or CC...doesn't matter...in THAT situation any officer is going to relieve you of your pistol. Even a 2A guy like me on the chance that YOU might be the subject.

True, I would have told you...."Hey, I am sorry about this, but we are looking for someone matching your description. I know now that it's not you but we had to check. The guy we are looking for is wanted for thus and so, if you see anyone matching that description PLEASE give us a call, here's my card, please be safe."

I still wouldn't have hugged you...but I would have handled it differently. To think those officers were just "messing with you"....well...maybe you ought to loosen up your tinfoil hat.

Last edited by ArizonaLawman; 11-07-2011 at 12:05 AM.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:03 AM   #9

Liked 744 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
I dont know whats legal, or illegal in Arizona, but if i were walking thru the neighborhood with a gun strapped to my side, i would halfway be expecting something like that to happen, not saying its right, but common sense !!!!

Old 11-07-2011, 12:15 AM   #10

Liked 744 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Were the officers that put you on your knees, and cuffed you ,cute.... ? You left out the good stuff.

Last edited by readygirl; 11-07-2011 at 02:00 AM.