Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Just got a brace :( (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/just-got-brace-80299/)

Diddle 01-04-2013 05:34 AM

Just got a brace :(

Ugh I just got a brace, I have a ganglion cyst. The Dr made me wear one. Anyone else have a brace on their wrist? They are so annoying! It makes it hard even shoot a gun. :(

Marlinman 01-04-2013 05:35 AM

Try buildin a custom rifle w one one.....or welding. Its a biatch and a half.

robocop10mm 01-05-2013 12:12 AM

I get ganglion cycsts on my knuckles. They pop and go away with enough force. They hurt like a biotch when you pop em, but it is only temporary.

elmerfudge 01-05-2013 12:23 AM

I had one on the back of my hand back in the 70's and went to an old country doctor. He took a large medical book and smashed the cyst. It never came back.

MOshooter 01-05-2013 01:26 AM

I had one in my wrist around the tendons when I was about 22 years old,it got to where I couldn't hardly use my hand very well? So I went to the Doctors and was told I would need it surgically removed.
The week before surgery I was helping a friend clean his wood furnace room when a spider climbed on my hand,out of reaction to the spider I flung it off my hand which popped really loud and hurt like a son of gun!! Never had another problem with it and bypassed the surgery!

I'm not sayin' i'm a doctor lol,or what I did will work for you,just passing my own experience along.

winds-of-change 01-05-2013 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 1080236)
I get ganglion cycsts on my knuckles. They pop and go away with enough force. They hurt like a biotch when you pop em, but it is only temporary.

Yep, this is the answer, in my opinion. My "son" Eric had a ganglion cyst. We would smash it and once it came back and we smashed it again. Sometimes they have to be surgically removed if the 'pocket' keeps filling again. But most of the time smashing it gets rid of it. :D

kfox75 01-05-2013 06:35 AM

Had one when I was 15. Was able to pop it while holding a nail for my dad. Funny, the man could pop his plugs out of a target at 300 yards with an M16, but he could never hit the same spot twice when driving a nail into a board. As far as the pain goes, I've been through worse. Then again, I have a VERY high pain tolerance.

HOSSFLY 01-05-2013 12:56 PM

Have had one under my right wrist for 3 yrs- I've pressed & popped it & used needles to drain it but it always comes back :(

Rick1967 01-05-2013 02:05 PM

I had a big one one the side of my knee. Doctor drained it twice with a needle. I hate needles. I have a phobia. But I had it done twice. It has been gone for at least 4 or 5 years.

vincent 01-05-2013 02:26 PM

Maybe you can use this to your advantage by teaching yourself to shoot with your non dominant hand?

I have a cyst on my forearm...it don't bother me, I don't bother it...;)