Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Jury Duty (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/jury-duty-18636/)

gregs887 09-29-2009 12:19 AM

Jury Duty

Just got a summons, I'm ok with that, but why in the hell do I need to pay postage to respond to it? Talk about insult to injury :mad:

M14sRock 09-29-2009 12:50 AM

Good question. I guess we still have no budget for postage.

stalkingbear 09-29-2009 12:52 AM

I had jury duty several years ago. I'd ride up on my ol shovelfhead with LOUD pipes, walk in with my long hair/beard with my tats showing, and the lawyers would take 1 look at me & dismiss me. I'd then get my lil slip of paper from the court showing I was there and go hunting or fishing the rest of the day. The next day when I went to work I'd hand them the court show slip and get paid 10 hours just as if I'd worked. I LOVED doing my civic duty!!!!!!!

funnyrunner 09-30-2009 01:05 PM

Good deal sir!!! Ya just have to play the game right I suppose.

Last Crow 09-30-2009 03:59 PM

I got a jury summons about two years ago. They asked me if I thought there was a better chance the defendant was guilty because he was African-American. I said yes. They asked me why. I told them why I thought so. They told me they thought I would be a fair jury and picked me, which I was.

Benning Boy 09-30-2009 05:07 PM

Hated it. Only upside was a lawyer there got called too, and HE couldn't get out of it either, try as he might.:D

Dillinger 09-30-2009 05:11 PM

I have never lived in one place long enough to get called for Jury Duty. I was always interested to see a real trial from start to close - but I have never been called.

*shrug*

Yunus 09-30-2009 05:14 PM

I wish I could get jury duty, my work pays me while I'm on it so it wouldn't cost me any money and I would really enjoy being a juror.

Last Crow 09-30-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yunus (Post 168096)
I wish I could get jury duty, my work pays me while I'm on it so it wouldn't cost me any money and I would really enjoy being a juror.

I didnít like the idea of putting someone in prison. If there was any way I could have found the defendant not guilty I would have. What I told the rest of the juries was if let this guy off and he kills someone, itís our fault. I sure would not like the idea of serving on a murder case.
You do get paid a small fee, about enough to pay for lunch and parking.

NGIB 09-30-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Last Crow (Post 168121)
I didn’t like the idea of putting someone in prison. If there was any way I could have found the defendant not guilty I would have. What I told the rest of the juries was if let this guy off and he kills someone, it’s our fault. I sure would not like the idea of serving on a murder case.
You do get paid a small fee, about enough to pay for lunch and parking.

Sorry pardner, but your response troubles me. It bothers you to put a person in prison, assuming they're found guilty? :eek:

Without "12 good men and true" our justice system is useless. I've only been called to serve once and I was proud to do so.

Also, not sure i really understand your post as it contradicts itself...