Judge Sotomayor: Race and gender, not academic merit, is key to success
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Judge Sotomayor: Race and gender, not academic merit, is key to success

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 10:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Judge Sotomayor: Race and gender, not academic merit, is key to success

Quote:
Though the Obama media have been ballyhooing her brilliance—No. 1 in high school, No. 1 at Princeton, editor of Yale Law Review—her academic career appears to have been a fraud from beginning to end, a testament to Ivy League corruption.

Two weeks ago, The New York Times reported that, to get up to speed on her English skills at Princeton, Sotomayor was advised to read children’s classics and study basic grammar books during her summers. How do you graduate first in your class at Princeton if your summer reading consists of “Chicken Little” and “The Troll Under the Bridge”?

In video clips dating back 25 years, and now provided to the Senate Judiciary Committee, Sotomayor, according to the Times, even calls herself an “affirmative action product.”

“The clips include lengthy remarks about her experiences as an ‘affirmative action baby,’ whose lower test scores were overlooked by admissions committees at Princeton University and Yale Law School because, she said, she is Hispanic and had grown up in poor circumstance.”

“If we had gone through the traditional numbers route of those institutions,” says Sotomayor, “it would have been highly questionable if I would have been accepted. … My test scores were not comparable to that of my classmates.” [Videos Shed New Light on Sotomayor’s Positions, By Charlie Savage, June 10, 2009]

Thus, Sotomayor got into Princeton, got her No. 1 ranking, was whisked into Yale Law School and made editor of the Yale Law Review—all because she was a Hispanic woman. And those two Ivy League institutions cheated more deserving students of what they had worked a lifetime to achieve, for reasons of race, gender or ethnicity.

Sonia Sotomayor: Miss Affirmative Action, 2009 by Patrick J. Buchanan | National Policy Institute

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-16-2009, 01:16 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Do not worry - public schools (a.k.a. government indoctrination centers) are working hard to change "academic merit" to be more oriented toward politically-correct race-pandering, so that the question of "academic merit" will soon be moot. I've seen it in helping my 3rd grader study for her standardized tests: Harriett Tubman and Thurgood Marshall get equal billing with Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, whereas there's no mention of other Founding Fathers like John Adams, Patrick Henry, et al at this level. I counted the same number of blacks historical figures as white in her American history study guide. (Wow, the Hispanics must be pi$$ed about that....)

Soon, so-called "academic merit" will also be fulfilled by such people as Sotomayer and her supporters, whereas real American parents like me will continue to divert their children to private schools or home education in every-increasing numbers. In other words: as public schools continue to circle the drain, "academics" will become even less important than it is now.

Last edited by Succinct; 06-16-2009 at 01:23 AM.