The joy of growing old - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The joy of growing old

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2011, 04:50 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

An uncle by marriage died from colon cancer. Luckily for me it doesn't run in the genes, and I didn't have to be with him to see him waste away. I loved him, but it was a rough way to go.

He did try to get help, but it was too late. He didn't do any preventative exams like the colonoscopy, but took everything the doctor's wanted to throw at him to save his life.

He left behind his wife, who 6 months before lost her son to murder, and 3 months later lost her brother to lung cancer.

I think my aunt was the one who suffered the most.

Old 10-08-2011, 06:50 PM   #32
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
An uncle by marriage died from colon cancer. Luckily for me it doesn't run in the genes, and I didn't have to be with him to see him waste away. I loved him, but it was a rough way to go.

He did try to get help, but it was too late. He didn't do any preventative exams like the colonoscopy, but took everything the doctor's wanted to throw at him to save his life.

He left behind his wife, who 6 months before lost her son to murder, and 3 months later lost her brother to lung cancer.

I think my aunt was the one who suffered the most.
True fact!!

Colon cancer is one of THE most beatable cancers known...IF detected early. Considering cancer has killed both my grandparents on my dads side and colon cancer got my dad....it behooves me to endure such "indignities" for my kids and grandkids...DAMNIT i want to live long enough to laugh at my kids when THEIR kids pull the same shyt they pulled and to spoil the G-babies rotten and send 'em home to their parents so they pull their hair out!

I like to call it "a fathers revenge".

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 10-08-2011, 09:00 PM   #33

you should just buy one and run it up in there everytime your feeling under the weather.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #34
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
you should just buy one and run it up in there everytime your feeling under the weather.
LMAO! THAT SH!T AINT HAPPENIN'!!! (pun intended)

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 10-08-2011, 09:35 PM   #35

You ever see those movies where a S.W.A.T. member sticks one of those little camera sticks under the door? Just lookin for the bad guys!!

Old 10-09-2011, 12:38 AM   #36

About 10 years ago, my girlfriend at the time suggested that I get a prostate exam, as they were free at the naturopathic clinic. I agreed, not knowing what this entailed. So, I went in, got processed in, and went in to the room where a doctor and his intern greeted me. Of course, the intern was a stunning, blonde, blue-eyed beauty. She asked me several questions about my general health, (bp, diet, etc), then asked me if I knew what the exam entailed. Being an ignorant fool, I said no. She then described the exam in detail, and was quite taken aback when I laughed. She asked me if I was okay, and I said yes, but I think my girlfriend (now an ex, thankfully), set me up. If I gotta do it, it may as well be a pretty blonde! In all seriousness though, a little lost dignity is well worth a longer lifetime, especially if you are married and have kids.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:02 AM   #37
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8501 Times on 4919 Posts
Likes Given: 11053

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGuapo View Post
About 10 years ago, my girlfriend at the time suggested that I get a prostate exam, as they were free at the naturopathic clinic. I agreed, not knowing what this entailed. So, I went in, got processed in, and went in to the room where a doctor and his intern greeted me. Of course, the intern was a stunning, blonde, blue-eyed beauty. She asked me several questions about my general health, (bp, diet, etc), then asked me if I knew what the exam entailed. Being an ignorant fool, I said no. She then described the exam in detail, and was quite taken aback when I laughed. She asked me if I was okay, and I said yes, but I think my girlfriend (now an ex, thankfully), set me up. If I gotta do it, it may as well be a pretty blonde! In all seriousness though, a little lost dignity is well worth a longer lifetime, especially if you are married and have kids.
Hear hear!

On the other hand I don't think I could enjoy the irony of a hot blonde sticking anything where the Sun don't shine, but I might enjoy the drug-enduced memory more to be sure!

As to my brother-in-laws best friend, his father died young of colon cancer, he refused to get a colonoscopy and once he was diagnosed he refused any treatment because he was homophobic. He didn't "want anybody sticking anything up there" and that sort of stuff. He figured it made him more Macho or something. Bad message to send to your kid. That is not a laughing matter.

I am not yet 50 and my family does not have a history of cancer, but when the time comes I will do it. With dignity.

Now on a lighter note....