The joy of growing old
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The joy of growing old

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1377 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 323

Default The joy of growing old

It is very strange and somewhat funny what happens to you as you age. In the last few years, I have cameras shoved up and down every orfice in my body. I have been picked at, prodded, poked and stuck in places you wouldn't want to think about. I have had heart stents run up my arm and into my heart, I peed blood for a week after having a camera run, well you get it. The odd thing is with age, you get used to being violated like this and begin to see humor in it.

Yesterday, I went to see a general surgeon, who happened to also be a very nice looking middle age woman. My problem was what is called a "tag", which is a extra growth of skin that just springs out of the body in the strangest places. This particular "tag" was growing right by my rectum, like a mini-tail. A few years ago, I would have let the thing grow larger than my foot before I would have seen any doctor about it, much less a woman. But, as I said, you get used to this kind of thing.

After this very nice woman examined me and talked to me about the options to make it go away, I gave here a line, I had been thinking about all week:

I put on my best serious face and told her, "Doctor, there is something I am very concerned about, but I am a little shy about asking." She put on her best motherly/doctor face and told me to please ask, she would try to answer any question. I told her I was very concerned about the procedure leaving an ugly scar.

It took everything the poor woman could do not to laugh, she was about to bust until I gave it up and beat her to it. I am a damn good poker player and thought I could keep a straight face a little longer, but I broke down.

She was a good sport and we both had a hearty laugh.

I will report back to you all after the procedure and let you know if she is into paybacks.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-06-2011, 11:19 PM   #2
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7031 Times on 4232 Posts
Likes Given: 8481

Great post!!

Old 10-06-2011, 11:42 PM   #3

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

When asked once if I have had a testicular exam...

I said, "if that's what you want to call it."

Old 10-07-2011, 01:55 AM   #4
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

LOL! Nice!

When i went in for my endoscopy/colonoscopy, (dad died @ 53 of colon cancer so i figure it prudent to endure such indignities) just before the dope hit my system I looked at the Dr. and VERY fine nurse and said, "Do me a favor?" when they looked and said "yes?" i said "PLEASE, do the endoscopy FIRST!!"

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 10-07-2011, 02:29 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5516 Times on 2882 Posts
Likes Given: 358

your lucky. i would rather have a female doctor doing all that up close and personal. just doesnt seem as gay that way... heh.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-07-2011, 04:00 AM   #6
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8191 Times on 4730 Posts
Likes Given: 10552

Several years ago I filleted the back of my hand with a corn knife while clearing a pipeline trail back in in the woods and went to the ER. The triage nurse asked how it happened and I said "My wife tried to cut my pecker off but fortunately I was masturbating at the time." She was horrified for a few seconds until I told her the truth. This was not too long after John Wayne Bobbitt had his pecker cut off by his wife.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:47 AM   #7
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7031 Times on 4232 Posts
Likes Given: 8481

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Several years ago I filleted the back of my hand with a corn knife while clearing a pipeline trail back in in the woods and went to the ER. The triage nurse asked how it happened and I said "My wife tried to cut my pecker off but fortunately I was masturbating at the time." She was horrified for a few seconds until I told her the truth. This was not too long after John Wayne Bobbitt had his pecker cut off by his wife.
Oh, mygod!!!!!

Old 10-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #8

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

My neighbor is 54 and he came to me worried yesterday right after I found this thread. He's worried because his doctor has ordered him a colonoscopy. Luckily for him, his doc is going to send him to another doctor that will put him to sleep to do it.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:30 PM   #9
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8191 Times on 4730 Posts
Likes Given: 10552

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Oh, mygod!!!!!
He he!

Old 10-07-2011, 07:52 PM   #10

Liked 1377 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 323

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
My neighbor is 54 and he came to me worried yesterday right after I found this thread. He's worried because his doctor has ordered him a colonoscopy. Luckily for him, his doc is going to send him to another doctor that will put him to sleep to do it.
A colonoscopy is somewhat embarrassing but it is a life-saver. The way they are done now, there is no discomfort. You are, for all practical purposes asleep, even though they told me I wasn't. You don't remember anything after they hit you with the "happy juice".

After a routine colonoscopy saved my best friend's life, I went and got mine.

For those of you who are reaching that age, man up and go get it done. Being a wimp can cost you your life.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan