Joined the Navy
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Joined the Navy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 12:42 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Default Joined the Navy

It's no longer joining my friends.

I am now in the DEP program and will leave for Basic Training in December 1st.....I wanted earlier but the reason why I'm shipping so late is as follows

Welp I've been gone lately guys for a bunch of reasons. One working out to a weight of 174 pounds which put me right under 175 for the Navy....and then going down to the ftastic MEPS center.

F that place.

Anyway I made an 81 on my ASVAB test which is excellent since the average and the value to pass in 35-36 I believe.

This also qualified me for my dream job....in the back of my head I was thinking about this one but was aiming lower.

Advanced Electronics/Computer Field

I have two jobs that are basically the same but different functions

One is ET or Electronics Technician which handles radar, communication, and navigation equipment.

Or FC which is Fire Controlman which handles the weapons systems.

Meaning in FC which is probably what I'm going to go for....means I'm going to be the guy behind the Weapons Systems on the Bridge of the ship with the Captain. I'm going to be Lieutenant Warf basically.

I'm really excited because of my high scores I got put in a job that will accelerate me into officer's status quite easily from all the college education they are going to through at me. I'm going to make sure I get a Bachelor's so I can be promoted to an officer and I'm going to aim for 20 years to serve my country and if not that I can easily get a job as an electrician when I get out which would give me a VERY solid job.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-29-2009, 12:49 AM   #2
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Congrats! And thank you for your (impending) service to our country.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:52 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Yep Yep.

I've just got to keep the weight off and work out a helluva lot more. The Navy used to not be so stricted on weight but now they are so PT is real big....one thing I'm worried about....I hate I'm going in December to Chicago for Basic since it will be ****ing freezing...but I had to do that for my brother's Wedding.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:20 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Good luck and thanks for serving.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:25 AM   #5

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Begin workouts 6 days a week without fail (lots of cardio). You will be light years ahead of your shipmates in basic training.

Welcome to the military fraternity. Serve well, and with honor.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:28 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Don't forget to tell us what nasty thing they make you do when you cross the equator...and then again after you cross the international time zone...and then when you enter a new sea... I hear the initiations can be brutal.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:33 AM   #7

Default So you want to fast track. good

Congrats, and thank you. Now look hard at the Naval nuke program. Sub service, and you will probably see CPO in 7 to 8 years. But when you get out every nuke power company in the country will bust their butt to hire you in the 6 figure range. Ask my Son who is now a instructor at the Nuke program in Charleston SC. I will PM you his phone number if you want to talk to him. GET EVERYTHING IN WRITTING. RECRUITERS WILL B/S YOU BLIND. FACT.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Don't blame the tool, blame the fool.

Last edited by bobbyb13; 01-29-2009 at 01:34 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 01-29-2009, 01:39 AM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Well I was thinking the Nuke Program but you know I'm not sure....i've already signed up for the job I just mentioned.

Are you saying try and transfer to that job later? I didn't qualify for it as I asked the Job Consular

Old 01-29-2009, 01:42 AM   #9

Default You wnat his phone number? I'll call him and tell him you are going to call.

Up to you. and you can take the test again.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Don't blame the tool, blame the fool.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:48 AM   #10

Congratulations, and mad props for the photo of Lt. Worf!

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”