Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Join the NRA:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2008, 03:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Join the NRA:

Both my girlfriend and I are members of the NRA. Neither on of us own a rifle.
We joined the NRA to support our rights to own firearms, and defend ourselfs
and our family. I just want to know who is or is not a member of the NRA and why? Maybe some of use who are can convince those who are not.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-27-2008, 03:27 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The cost is $35 per year.
If you choose not to receive a magazine,
you can get a year membership for $10.

http://www.nra.org/home.aspx

Old 02-27-2008, 08:07 PM   #3
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

I'm not a member yet. No reason for the delay other than I keep forgetting to send in my money.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:21 PM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

I joined for the Theodore Roosevelt commemorative knife!!!! Not really. I joined them because a prospective outdoor range required it. Never joined the range, but keep renewing the membership. Heck, if it angers the gun haters, that's good enough reason. Also join your state rifle and pistol association if you have one.

9x18=Makarov

Old 02-28-2008, 12:08 AM   #5

I belong because it's the right thing to do.

"The difference between black and white is 2%"
G19/G23/OD G26/G27/Ruger LCP/Taurus 24/7OSS
Walther P22/ Mossberg TAC .22./PUMA 1911-22
NAA Mini 22, Ruger LCP NRA,Rossi Ranch Hand .357

Old 02-28-2008, 12:25 AM   #6

Life member. I don't always agree with them, think their overhead is way too high, and that they give in too easily, but they are the best thing we have right now.

"The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us“ ...... Patrick Henry March 23, 1775

Old 02-28-2008, 12:57 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Member and Proud of it

Old 02-29-2008, 06:49 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm a lifer.

Follow us on Facebook! facebook.com/worldbayonets

The bayonet cannot be abolished for the reason, if for no other, that it is the sole and exclusive embodiment of that willpower which, alone, both in war and everyday life, attains its object.—General M. I. Dragomirov

Old 03-03-2008, 06:51 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

A lifer as well.

They drive me insane sometimes and they "settle" and bargain way too much but unfortunately they are very much needed right now.

Luke 11:21
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:35 PM   #10

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I'm proud to be a Life Member of the NRA. I've not been a "joiner" most of my life, including politically, preferring to be independent. As a child in the 50's, I was a member of a Junior NRA Rifle Club, where I learned to shoot indoor, .22, bolt action, single shot rifles. I outgrew that, and put the NRA in the back of my mind (or what passes for a mind) for several years. After my hitch in the Navy, I became a cop, and an NRA certified firearms instructor, but still didn't join. Like so many others, I just put it off.

Fast forward to 1992, and the election of Bill Clinton. I was still a cop, and becoming aware of gun rights issues. I knew from my personal experience that the police can not protect anyone, and that citizens are on their own for their personal defense. I still didn't join, but became very convinced I should. Some day.

The congressional debate on the 1994 Assault Weapon bill finally pushed me to pony up a few bux. I recognized that bill for the fraud that it truly was. In 1994 I became a Life Member of the NRA, and for the first time registered as a Republican. I'd always voted conservative, just never had registered Republican. I finally woke up and saw what the Democrats, liberal, sociocrats and useful idiots were up to. Their constant push at gun control, and "reasonable gun safety legislation" is nothing less than than a prelude to registration and confiscation. Period!

My gun owning had always consisted of pistols, used as duty and off duty guns for my work. Ironically, it was the gun control push and AW ban that caused me to start buying more pistols than I could ever use in a lifetime, as well as semi-automatic rifles and other guns. Sporting and otherwise. I became a "Gun Nut." I now have an undisclosed number of firearms and quantities of ammunition.

I was hooked. I got religion. I've worked the NRA booth at gun shows and registered gun owners to vote. I spread the gospel every chance I get, and have actually converted former anti-gun folks over to our side. I had the good fortune to attend the 2002 NRA meetings in Reno, where I had the better fortune to meet and chat with Charlton Heston. (His last show.) He was signing his books that were being sold, and there was no one behind me in line for several minutes at the end of the day.

Any gun owner who is not a member of the NRA is a freeloader who is content to have his brothers and sisters pull his weight, while he reaps the benefits of our labor. That includes too many hunters and skeet/trap shooters who don't want to get involved in politics. They don't have, or want to have pistols and assault weapons, so what does it matter to them? After all, "they" would never come for their hunting rifles, or shotguns. Would they? Wanna bet? Your bolt action .308 with a scope has already been declared a "sniper rifle" by the Brady Bunch, and pump action and semi-auto shotguns are considered "assault weapons." Ask our cousins in the UK, Australia and New Zealand if their sporting arms are safe. Ask our neighbors in Canada who are fighting a draconian gun registration scheme.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved