John Wayne Trivia - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > John Wayne Trivia

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1880 Times on 972 Posts
Likes Given: 1420

Richard Boone told a story of how Wayne asked him to be in a movie with him. Boone said yes and they shook hands on it. They never discussed Boone’s fee. (When John Wayne asks you to be in a movie with him; Are you gonna say, "No"? Are you gonna ask, "How much?") Boone began to be concerned after a while because everybody had been paid except him. (How you gonna ask John Wayne, “Where’s my money?”) So one day months later, there’s a knock at the door of Boone’s house. It’s the Rolls Royce dealer. The dealer says, “Mr. Wayne said to give you anything you want.”

Boone said, “Okay! Give me the book.” He ordered one with all the bells & whistles.

Last edited by Vincine; 02-08-2013 at 12:01 AM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #72
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
Richard Boone told a story of how Wayne asked him to be in a movie with him. Boone said yes and they shook hands on it. They never discussed Boone’s fee. (When John Wayne asks you to be in a movie with him, how are you gonna say no?) Boone began to be concerned after a while because everybody had been paid except him. (How you gonna ask John Wayne, “Where’s my money?”) So one day months later, there’s a knock at the door of Boone’s house. It’s the Rolls Royce Dealer. The dealer says, “Mr. Wayne says to give you anything you want.”

Boone said, “Okay! Give me the book.” He ordered one with all the bells & whistles.
Richard Boone played in three movies with John Wayne the first in 1960, The Alamo, in 1971, Big Jake, and in 1976, The Shootist.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #73
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1104 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
It looks to me like maybe 'Susan Haywood' might have received Co-Star billing after the basic poster was designed, and her text was added by someone who didn't know the difference between caps and small caps. How do the letterform weights look? I can't really tell from the photo.
I may try to find a better photo and scan it into Photoshop.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #74
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1104 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

Richard Boone played in three movies with John Wayne the first in 1960, The Alamo, in 1971, Big Jake, and in 1976, The Shootist.
Of the movies I have seen The Duke in, I think the Alamo is my least favorite. IMHO he tried to do too many things in and around it, and the results disappoint me every time I watch it. Richard Widmark also disappointed me in that film. Maybe I don't like it because they lost. Lol

Old 02-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #75

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
Of the movies I have seen The Duke in, I think the Alamo is my least favorite. IMHO he tried to do too many things in and around it, and the results disappoint me every time I watch it. Richard Widmark also disappointed me in that film. Maybe I don't like it because they lost. Lol
Still better than the remake with Billy Bob

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET