John Wayne Trivia - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > John Wayne Trivia

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

He's also in the man who shot liberty vallens if memory serves......seems to me he's in most of the Duke's later movies fort apache and she wore a yellow ribbon as well

__________________
Marlinman is offline  
AR10 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #12
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AR10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lincoln Nebraska
Posts: 1,964
Liked 914 Times on 603 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Default

You guys are awesome Duke experts!

Wayne tended to keep the same group of actors around him from one movie to the next.

The two I knew of with the Sweed were Eldorado and Mclintock.

If you watched Eldorado and Reo Bravo back to back, you might get the feeling they did that movie twice. I like the role Nelson did over Conn, but both roles would not ever win an award.

You guys have a favorite John Wayne movie?

Mine would be him starring opposite Marine O'Hara. The Quiet Man being my favorite, then Big Jake, and Mclintock. Also love The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, The Cowboys, and The Shootist. They were all good. I have most all his movies, on VHS and DVD, even his early ones where his stunts were his own, and frequent.

__________________
AR10 is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
IAlwaysCarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wrightsville, PA
Posts: 34
Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Could use a few more John Waynes in Hollywood nowa days.

__________________

Proud NRA Member
Proud GOA Member

"Outlaw guns and only the outlaws will have guns."

IAlwaysCarry is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tri70's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Siloam Springs,Arkansas
Posts: 1,324
Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Default

Gotta love good John Wayne, The Searchers is good too, Big Jake is one of my favorites! Flying Tigers, and all his war movies, may have to get out my JW mug!

__________________

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

tri70 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #15
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
Posts: 28,436
Liked 21191 Times on 12039 Posts
Likes Given: 52911

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
You guys are awesome Duke experts!

Wayne tended to keep the same group of actors around him from one movie to the next.

The two I knew of with the Sweed were Eldorado and Mclintock.

If you watched Eldorado and Reo Bravo back to back, you might get the feeling they did that movie twice. I like the role Nelson did over Conn, but both roles would not ever win an award.

You guys have a favorite John Wayne movie?

Mine would be him starring opposite Marine O'Hara. The Quiet Man being my favorite, then Big Jake, and Mclintock. Also love The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, The Cowboys, and The Shootist. They were all good. I have most all his movies, on VHS and DVD, even his early ones where his stunts were his own, and frequent.
AR10, my favorite John Wayne movie, The Shootist of course. such a fitting and iconic movie for his last film.
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
To the victor, go the spoils of war.
Axxe55 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #16
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Davenport,IA
Posts: 6,703
Liked 2083 Times on 1134 Posts
Likes Given: 753

Default

I wouldn't know where to start for my favorite John Wayne film. McClintock, The Quiet Man, Big Jake, Rio Lobo, The Horse Soldiers, In Harms Way, The Longest Day, The High and the Mighty, Island in the Sky.

Here's a question. In what film did John Wayne play a role of one of the fathers of naval aviation?

__________________

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Last edited by ScottA; 02-04-2013 at 12:03 PM.
ScottA is offline  
AR10 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
IAlwaysCarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wrightsville, PA
Posts: 34
Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
I wouldn't know where to start for my favorite John Wayne film. McClintock, The Quiet Man, Big Jake, Rio Lobo, The Horse Soldiers, In Harms Way, The Longest Day, The High and the Mighty, Island in the Sky.

Here's a question. In what film did John Wayne play a role of one of the father's of naval aviation?
Wings of Eagles?
__________________

Proud NRA Member
Proud GOA Member

"Outlaw guns and only the outlaws will have guns."

IAlwaysCarry is offline  
AR10 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #18
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Davenport,IA
Posts: 6,703
Liked 2083 Times on 1134 Posts
Likes Given: 753

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAlwaysCarry View Post
Wings of Eagles?
Ding Ding Ding
__________________

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
ScottA is offline  
AR10 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
IAlwaysCarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wrightsville, PA
Posts: 34
Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
Ding Ding Ding
was maureen in that too?
__________________

Proud NRA Member
Proud GOA Member

"Outlaw guns and only the outlaws will have guns."

IAlwaysCarry is offline  
AR10 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #20
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Davenport,IA
Posts: 6,703
Liked 2083 Times on 1134 Posts
Likes Given: 753

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAlwaysCarry View Post
was maureen in that too?
Absolutely. Greatest screen team in Hollywood history.
__________________

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
ScottA is offline  
AR10 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
John Roberts? Meet John Marshall. KalashnikovJosh Politics, Religion and Controversy 0 07-03-2012 06:49 AM
Wayne La Pierre is our best representative?? user4 Politics, Religion and Controversy 21 04-05-2011 07:37 PM
Trivia Gordo323 The Club House 6 05-27-2010 08:41 PM
Wayne LaPierre on Fox. skullcrusher Politics, Religion and Controversy 4 06-29-2009 10:06 AM