John Wayne Thread! - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > John Wayne Thread!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2014, 05:10 AM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Found True Grit in the $5 bin at WallyWorld. Score!

Old 03-18-2014, 05:58 AM   #82
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8501 Times on 4919 Posts
Likes Given: 11053

Back in the late 80's I became familiar with Bobby Carradine who played Slim in The Cowboys. Bob said that JW was justa s great a man in real life off-screen as he was on. He remembered when filming The Cowboys a time when he was fooling around trying to learn how to rope a fencepost and JW came up and taught him some pointers. He said that JW treated all of the kids on the set just as though they were his own. A few years later I saw Bob on a John Wayne remembrance show on TV where he related this same story. That TV show had all of the living co-stars he worked with as well as family and friends and they all said the same thing.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-18-2014, 10:41 PM   #83
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

John Wayne had lots of different co-stars over the years. many who went onto their own fame in the movies. then there the ones who almost seemed like regulars in his movies, many who made several movies with him over the years. he even had his own children involved with several of his movies.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:58 PM   #84
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6751 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Even the French love John Wayne

Old 03-18-2014, 11:20 PM   #85
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
Even the French love John Wayne
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZKWIAgOgf4
That's a great movie! Haven't seen it in years.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

People Like This 
Old 03-19-2014, 04:00 AM   #86
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

what i also liked about John wayne was he was versatile in many different types of roles. cowboy, soldier, lawman and just plain old good guy!

but some of his roles were more humorous than others, like the McClintock, Donovan's Reef, or North To Alaska.

but one of my favorites, was a very much more dramatic role he played with some humor thrown in was the movie, The Quiet Man. excellent movie, great scenery and a good story. this movie was a project tha John Ford wanted to do very much as did all the actors involved with making the movie. plus lots of family and friends were in the film as well. John Ford's brother played a small part. John Wayne's children all had small roles as well. Maureen O'Hara's brother had a role in the film. many of of the actors also had been in several of John Ford's previous movies as well.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:55 PM   #87
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Is it wrong....................

Iffin I read is true, He was a whiskey drinker and smoked 5 packs of smokes a day. Meybe one day his sons will come out and tell the truth about the Greatest American that never fought in a war BUT brought forth the true meaning of an American Soldier.............Un like those that milked millions with there big mouths an reaped the the grain from which they did not sow........................

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 03-19-2014, 06:57 PM   #88

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Sands of Iwo Jima.

After WWII the politicos in Washington were considering disbanding the Marine Corps. I suppose they figured there would be no need for them anymore.
John Wayne did not want the part in the movie, but was convinced to do it to support the USMC. It is believed by many that that movie "saved" the USMC...

To err is Human, to forgive Divine
Neither is Marine Corps policy.

Life Member NRA

willshoum Likes This 
Old 03-19-2014, 08:52 PM   #89
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Not so...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohoskip View Post
Sands of Iwo Jima.

After WWII the politicos in Washington were considering disbanding the Marine Corps. I suppose they figured there would be no need for them anymore.
John Wayne did not want the part in the movie, but was convinced to do it to support the USMC. It is believed by many that that movie "saved" the USMC...
I think your talking about the air force befor da war. Ain't nothing meaner than a 19 year old Marine thats seeing his buddies being killed, or any service member in the armed forces of the USA.............There was much todo about the Air Force before the war.............Lets not forget that the great ships, the air force could not remove the Japs from iwo and okinawa, It was the men on the ground.........................With the help of the first two.....Marines are what I call the coal that keeps the ship running, hidden away in the belly of the ship.................

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........