Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > John Nosler passed away

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Default John Nosler passed away

From the Bend, OR TV website:

BEND, Ore. -- At the age of 97, John Amos Nosler, the tall, stately and beloved founder of Nosler, Inc., passed away of natural causes at his home on Sunday.

"He leaves a legacy that will be remembered, not only by his family, but by hunters and shooters around the world," the company said.

The rest of Nosler's announcement of its founder's passing:

Born on April 4, 1913 in Brawley California, John was one of America’s true success stories. He founded his bullet company in 1948, and was considered to be one of the great generational icons whose designs literally created the premium bullet category and influenced ammunition and bullet manufacturers worldwide.

After experiencing a bullet failure on the hide of a mud-caked bull moose, John began a pursuit of the product design that would become his life’s work.

Armed with perseverance, discipline and determination, he created a concept that was uniquely different—he called it the Partition bullet, because of the barrier that separated the bullet into two sections.

One year later, John and a friend traveled back to British Columbia loaded with his new Partition bullets. The results were two moose with two shots, and the rest is history.

In recognition of his contribution to the shooting sports industry, John was the unanimous choice for the inaugural 2007 NRA Golden Bullseye Pioneer Award.

The award was the highlight of a long and fruitful career.

Even though he officially retired in 1988 when his son and daughter-in-law, Bob and Joan Nosler purchased the company, John still managed to come to the office on a daily basis.

He always had a smile on his face, and enjoyed passing out candy to employees as he made his rounds in the plant. There was always a twinkle in his eye when talking about new ideas for products, new machinery, solving a problem and of course hunting. Only when his health started to decline did his visits become less frequent.

Today, John’s son Bob Nosler still presides over the company as president and CEO. Other family officers include Bob’s son John R. Nosler, who serves as the company’s vice president and general manager, along with Bob’s wife Joan who also serves as a vice president. Other family members in the business include John’s granddaughters and their husbands, Jill (Nosler) Bailey and Jeff Bailey, and Christie (Nosler) Darcy and Mike Darcy.

John Nosler always envisioned his company to be a family business. Today, the second and third generations share the responsibilities for guiding the business and, while the fourth generation is still quite young, it is large enough that prospects for continued family ownership and management look very good.

A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 23, at the Riverhouse Convention Center in Bend.

In lieu of sending flowers, the Nosler family encourages a donation to the National Rifle Association Foundation—John A. Nosler Endowment.

Checks may be submitted to: (make sure John A. Nosler’s name is in the Memo)

The NRA Foundation, Inc./ John A. Nosler Endowment

11250 Waples Mill Road

Fairfax, VA 22030

-or-

Call in: 1-800-672-3888

About Nosler, Inc.

Founded in 1948, Nosler, Incorporated is a family owned company located in Bend, Oregon. Nosler is most known for revolutionizing the hunting bullet industry with bullets such as the Partition, Ballistic Tip, AccuBond, E-Tip and most recently the Ballistic Tip Lead Free. With the company motto of “Quality First,” Nosler manufactures premium component bullets, reloading brass, ammunition and semi-custom rifles for domestic and international customers making Nosler a comprehensive shooting products company.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-14-2010, 11:32 AM   #2

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Godspeed Mr. Nosler

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 10-14-2010, 11:58 AM   #3

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

RIP John Nosler.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:21 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

My prayers go out to his family. He lead the way for current bullet technology.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 10-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #5

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

97 yeasr old. Well done.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 10-14-2010, 02:07 PM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

A complete and full life, a family that loved him and a remarkable stamp on the sport he loved. I think we would all wish to be that fullfilled.

God Speed Mr. Nosler!

JD

Old 10-17-2010, 10:11 PM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default RIP John Nosler

Just heard today that John Nosler had passed. I would equate him in his field to Bob Loveless in his. Sad to see innovative giants leave us. They can look back on their lives and say "This is where I made a difference." That's what we should all strive for. Maybe not on the same scale, but to make a difference.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:32 PM   #8

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Farewell John, you will be remembered!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:39 PM   #9

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Little late there dude. We did this already.

Not a big deal though.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:17 AM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

That has been pointed out to me. I don't have time to check in every day. I react to my stimuli as I get it, like a brontosaurus.