Jetski work today

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Jetski work today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Default Jetski work today

Had them at the lake last weekend and one of them wouldn't run right. They are a pair of 02 Polaris Virage skis we bought new in 06 (dealer going out of business, new old stock). Spent some time on forums today and learned that Polaris (and a few other brands) used some fuel line that would break down on the inside and release little particles of rubber.

Bought a sh1tload of fuel line and clamps and replaced all the fuel lines on both skis. There are 4 on each ski, feed return, vent, and some kind of crossover. What a pain in the butt as there just isn't a lot of work space.

Then pulled both carbs and stripped them down and cleaned them good with spray cleaner and compressed air. Flushed a lot of the fuel line crud out of both. Just got them both together and fired them up and it seems I may have whipped this problem.

Here in GA/SC, we still have lots of weekends left to hit the water so I'm hoping they'll run good the rest of the season. Nothing like hitting a wave wrong and taking a header at 50+ MPH - water is a bit hard at that speed...

Last edited by NGIB; 08-15-2009 at 08:55 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-15-2009, 09:18 PM   #2

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Damn, so you are rubbing it in that you have these running now and you gonna be taken them up to the lake for some fun, and your missing me not being there to ride one with ya or what?

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-15-2009, 09:19 PM   #3

Its been poor weather up here until a few weeks ago. We're hoping to get the boat out on Wedsenday for some fishing.

Sounds like a blast! Never ridden them before. Got any pictures to share?

S.S.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:39 PM   #4

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun Shooter View Post
Its been poor weather up here until a few weeks ago. We're hoping to get the boat out on Wedsenday for some fishing.

Sounds like a blast! Never ridden them before. Got any pictures to share?

S.S.
Rarely bring the cameras to the lake. These things tend eat anything you bring along. I've lost hats, sunglasses, and lots of other stuff. When you take a header off one while running wide open, you're lucky if you keep your shorts on.

It's amazing how bad these things beat you up as you're just basically hanging on for dear life. I'm usually sore for a day or two after a day at the lake. About as much fun on the water as you can have though. We sold our ski boat in 97 and bought our first pair of skis. This is our 3rd set in 12 years...

Old 08-15-2009, 11:13 PM   #5

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Thought about a jet ski once but settled for letting my nephew drag me around the lake ala John Candy in 'The Great Outdoors"!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:09 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2742 Times on 1436 Posts
Likes Given: 231

I've got an 06 Yamaha VX110 Deluxe that has not seen alot of water lately. Last summer the lakes were flooded and this summer they are drying up. I keep it clean and ready for when the rains finally come.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 08-19-2009, 01:45 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I'm sorry you own a polaris....worked at a dealership, I will never own anything made by them.
robo, the yama is golden!

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 08-19-2009, 12:20 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2742 Times on 1436 Posts
Likes Given: 231

It's been great. Change the oil and spark plugs every season and have zero problems. 3 up and pull a tuber or two. Can still go faster than the tuber wants to go.

Before I bought, I checked with the mechanics and asked them. They all agreed the Yamaha 4 strokes are the most reliable of all PWCs.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball