Jeep repair saddens me
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Jeep repair saddens me

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 12:57 AM   #1
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1797 Times on 998 Posts
Likes Given: 5415

Default Jeep repair saddens me

Just got a call from the shop. Looks like the whole rearend needs enough parts to be called new.

Since I want to get on the Arizona rock this winter, I bit the bullet and had them rebuild it.

What saddens me is that that money could have bought a nice firearm.

I coulda got a RRA LAR PDS 2013 for that kinda money.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-28-2012, 06:51 AM   #2
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1608 Times on 986 Posts
Likes Given: 8508

Went through the same thing with my F150 last month. I had to replace the cull clutch set, rear main seal, the slave cylender, and the clutch pedal bushing. That money was supposed to go to a Winchester carbine in 30\30 for my wife's christmas present. On top of that, I lost out on close to $800 worth of clean out and haul out jobs during the 2 weeks It was down. I feel your pain.

Some automotive accronyms to help ease your pain?

Ford: Fast only rolling downhill, Frequently overhauled rapidly deprciating, Fix or repair daily

Dodge: Drips oil drops grease everywhere, Dad's old dilapidated garage experiment

Chevrolet: Cracked heads every valve rattles oil leaks everytime, Cheap hardly efficient virtually runs on luck every time, Can hear every valve rattle on long extended trips.

Jeep: Just empty every pocket

Fiat: Fix it again tony

NAPA: Ned another part Al.

Mopar: My old pig ain't running, Mostly over powered and raced, Most operational parts are rebuilt.

Hopefully this atleast got a chuckle out of you. Look at the bright side, with most of the rear end rebuilt your trip shoul be problem free. At the very least, you will have one less thing to worry about. Best of luck.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

KG7IL Likes This