Jeep owner thread - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Jeep owner thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1709 Times on 741 Posts
Likes Given: 1298

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnjonny View Post
It's probably a good thing is closed. Too many people with too little common sense. It would be cool if someone had some kind of managed access for it though. I think it is on the same property as dump bump. That was a fun spot too. It sucks that there are so many stump humping land grabbers out there. Have you played in area bfe? That is a great place over 300 acres of open access private owned 4x4 park just south of town. Free camping and a lot of hard core trails.
You add to the the lack of common sense when I was there and it was open, the dunes at the base were covered with folks partying and all they would do is run up and down that thing all day and set at the bottom waiting for someone to go off. Everyone has seen the video of the Blazer going off the side but a friend was out there the day that happened and he said he watched it go up and down at least 3 times just in the short period of time he was there observing. He had left before she lost brakes and went over the side.
No I have not but I am glad you mentioned it. Last time I was in Moab was 2004.That is about the time they were opening that place up I think and we never made it over there and I had forgotten about it. Been wanting to do a trip to Montrose Co but hate to get that close to Moab and not go on in but because I no longer license and insure my Jeep couldn't figure out where to go other than Pritchett canyon. So many of the trails you come out in a different spot than you go in and have to drive on the hi-way or back track half a day.
I need to check that place out. Thanks!!!!!

Old 09-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #52

Liked 42 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockratt

Beginnings of a trail rig............ Glad you survived it. Hopefully you can get one soon.
I didn't look to close I guess. I thought your hi lift was a bracing kit.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:13 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockratt

You add to the the lack of common sense when I was there and it was open, the dunes at the base were covered with folks partying and all they would do is run up and down that thing all day and set at the bottom waiting for someone to go off. Everyone has seen the video of the Blazer going off the side but a friend was out there the day that happened and he said he watched it go up and down at least 3 times just in the short period of time he was there observing. He had left before she lost brakes and went over the side.
No I have not but I am glad you mentioned it. Last time I was in Moab was 2004.That is about the time they were opening that place up I think and we never made it over there and I had forgotten about it. Been wanting to do a trip to Montrose Co but hate to get that close to Moab and not go on in but because I no longer license and insure my Jeep couldn't figure out where to go other than Pritchett canyon. So many of the trails you come out in a different spot than you go in and have to drive on the hi-way or back track half a day.
I need to check that place out. Thanks!!!!!
Bfe is sweet. The heldorado trail is on it. It is really hard core. Some day ill get a rig that can run it. Check out areabfe.com they do a of of stuff out there. They had a ultra 4 type of race last Easter. I got to watch Shannon Campbell's daughter flip her rig that day.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1709 Times on 741 Posts
Likes Given: 1298

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnjonny View Post
Bfe is sweet. The heldorado trail is on it. It is really hard core. Some day ill get a rig that can run it. Check out areabfe.com they do a of of stuff out there. They had a ultra 4 type of race last Easter. I got to watch Shannon Campbell's daughter flip her rig that day.
Oh really. We went in thru Lower Helldorado and I started into Upper Helldorado one time but after the group I was with watched me go thru that nasty spot at the beginning, they decided they wanted no part of it so I came back out. Last I heard Lower is closed and I am not sure how to get into upper without going thru lower. Guess I need to get back out there and figure it out. That is some awesome country in there..........

Old 09-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1620 Times on 869 Posts
Likes Given: 2634

Had a nice family outing when I was stateside last. Most of the in-laws were on ATVs. I followed in my jeep with my mother-in-law riding shotgun. Fun day. Lots of screams and mud. Coffeeville, Alabama

*note to self, install windows before hitting the mud...

Old 09-27-2013, 10:23 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratrider
Had a nice family outing when I was stateside last. Most of the in-laws were on ATVs. I followed in my jeep with my mother-in-law riding shotgun. Fun day. Lots of screams and mud. Coffeeville, Alabama *note to self, install windows before hitting the mud...

Looks like it was a great time. I am a confidant mud avoider when topless. Just too much of a pia to clean out. Even with no carpet.

Old 09-28-2013, 02:30 AM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2200 Times on 1218 Posts
Likes Given: 280

image-1784357819.jpg

image-2973979663.jpg

Dang dump truck ran me off the road

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 09-28-2013, 02:31 AM   #58
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8276 Times on 4782 Posts
Likes Given: 10703

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Attachment 120450

Attachment 120451

Can ya blame him?, it is an off-road vehicle!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 09-28-2013, 02:33 AM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2200 Times on 1218 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Can ya blame him?, it is an off-road vehicle!
If it hadn't been for the 8 inch concrete curb it would have been a fun ride and no damage sustained.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 09-28-2013, 03:34 AM   #60

Liked 736 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 790

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Attachment 120450

Attachment 120451

That woulda never happened in a Scout!!