JCVD vs. Segal
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > JCVD vs. Segal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 10:33 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default JCVD vs. Segal

Cannes film festival 2010: Jean-Claude Van Damme plans to appear in reality TV show for A&E

1. Can't wait for this. JCVD has really put himself out there. He's well into his late 40's and hasn't picked a bum for an opponent.

Now, what the heck happened here?

Jean-Claude Van Damme, Steven Seagal nearly came to blows in the 90s: Sylvester Stallone | TopNews

I don't remember that.

Apparently, JCVD stepped outside and waited for Seagal to come out and settle things, but inexplicably, the highly trained ex special forces high profile bodyguard decided better of it.

I am sure he only refused out of the self control born of years of elite training, and not because he was a fat fraud.

Apparently JCVD isn't a total pushover either. Nosher Powell, in his autobiography, comments about working with him on the Legionaire film. He reckons he came across as a bit of a tough guy and well able to handle himself.

I'm still a JCVD fan, while JCVD has behaved just as badly as Seagal in the past, at least he has put his hands up, apologised, and worked hard to become a better person.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-03-2010, 03:02 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I would pay to see that!

Old 06-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #3

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

His impression of Stallone toward the end of the video clip was pretty funny.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:14 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Who knows what the hell really happened, but I do remember this being a "big deal" at the time.

Seagal had filmed Executive Decision with Kurt Russell ( taking a part below scale, really a cameo, to get back into the lime light ) and followed it up with Glimmer Man opposite Keenan Ivory Wayans around this time.

Van Damme had finished his re-telling of Bloodsport as The Quest ( which got him sued ) and then went into Double Team with Dennis Rodman.

While neither of them were "A" listers at the time, it might have been that Seagal, or his people, felt his star was slightly higher and therefor not worth the "risk". Or maybe he was scared? *shrug*

I don't know - Van Damme entertained me when I was younger, but Seagal always had crediability in the martial arts world. At least according to everyone with an opinion and writing for a martial arts magazine at the time. Where he screwed up was the whole Navy SeAL thing.

Van Damme cut his own throat in Hollywood and then tried to backpeddle.

I think at this point it's a little obvious who was and was NOT an "Action Star" in the 80's & 90's seeing as how NEITHER of them are in Stallone's nod to the era in 'The Expendables'.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:18 PM   #5
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 469 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 3

He didn't have to wait on Chuck Zito.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:04 AM   #6

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Excuse me for saying this,but screw both these lefty eco-zen panzies.

Chuck Norris could take them both on -today,right now- and win.

Steven Seagal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
In addition to his professional achievements, he is also known as an environmentalist, an animal rights activist and a supporter of the 14th Dalai Lama Tenzin Gyatso, and the Tibetan independence movement.
Jean-Claude Van Damme - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
In the French-speaking world, Van Damme is well known for the picaresque aphorisms that he delivers on a wide range of topics (personal well-being, the environment, etc.) in a sort of Zen franglais.

Van Damme had troubles with cocaine that started during 1995. He entered a month-long rehabilitation program in 1996 but left it after only one week.[11] In 1996, he spent up to $10,000 a week on cocaine.
Chuck Norris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Norris is a devout Christian and politically conservative.

Norris supports gun rights and ownership and is against public schools condoning homosexuality.

After the 2008 presidential election, Norris drafted a letter to President elect Barack Obama, stating that he should "use and cite the Constitution ... protect American life ... learn from the mistakes of your Democratic predecessors ... [and] lead more from the center".

On November 18, 2008, Norris became one of the first members of show business to express support for the California Proposition 8 ban on same-sex marriage, and he heavily criticized the gay community for "interfering" with the democratic process and the double standard he perceived in criticizing the Mormon Church without criticizing African Americans, who had voted for the measure by a wide margin.
Chuck Norris was a MP in the Air Force,like my old man was.
He's a down to earth real true blue American unlike the coke snortin military imposing duo shown here.

And has anyone caught the A&E series-"Steven Seagal: Lawman"?
I watched a couple episodes and what tore it was his attitude about Americans with guns-instead of erring on the side of the Second Amendment and assuming that American Citizens with firearms is a lawful concept,he says stuff like "people shouldnt be carrying around loaded guns".

What a toolbag.

Excuse me-I have to go toss out a few DVDs from my collection now........
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 06-04-2010 at 12:07 AM.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:26 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I like Segals movies, but hes too zen for me hahaha

Chuck Norris...where to begin.

IF Chuck Norris ever bleeds, its a ever continuos stream or non running red, white and blue.

Speak softly and carry a big stick...just know how to use it.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:34 AM   #8
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 469 Times on 258 Posts

Chuck even kills Ninjas.

Old 06-04-2010, 06:37 AM   #9

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

AND Chucks got a BEARD.
Because REAL MEN have BEARDS.

Unlike those two smooth faced sissy boys Seagal and Van Dork...lol

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Old 06-04-2010, 07:11 AM   #10

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I just watched the opening scene to "Second in Command", starring JCVD. Very irritating. A terrorist expresses his hatred of America by killing Americans in a hotel (with a 1911, ironically), and manages to fire 19 rounds without reloading. Without any further research, I hereby declare Jean Claude van Ham the loser of all imaginable contests, simply for appearing in such a scene.

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields