'Jailhouse Islam' converts gun down U.S. cops - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > 'Jailhouse Islam' converts gun down U.S. cops

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 10:38 PM   #21

One of these day's those S.N.''s are gonna piss off the wrong person.....

Old 02-19-2009, 03:20 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Fugeddaboudit.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-21-2009, 10:52 AM   #23

Sand N***er....

some people.

anyways what up Yard?

(not what I'd want for my first post, but ah well).

Old 02-22-2009, 12:43 AM   #24

I did my time in the Sandbox, I know well enough..this "you people" here knows all about it. It's not about coddling them, it's about not stooping to their level of ignorance. It's about having some class and tact..it actually has ZERO to do with them. Anyways, moot point. We've both voiced where we stand on all that it seems. moving on.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:50 AM   #25
cbw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdeath66 View Post
maybe we do need to drop a bomb on em. how dirty are h-bombs.
That's why we invented the neutron bomb, drop it, just a little dusting and you can move right in! Of course there won't be any critters of any kind around so you need to bring in food!

Old 02-22-2009, 02:30 AM   #26
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

A large issue with repeat offenders is the prison system itself. For most of them prison is a upgrade from life in the world. If all prisons did away with cable TV, air conditioning, comensary, three good meal a day and all of the "retraining programs" and went back to basic including chain gangs prison wouldn't be such a nice place to spend several years. There is that county in AZ that houses it's prisoners in tents, I don't know if that reduces repeat offender but I expect it has an impression and is far more cost effective. Prison should be as close to hell on earth as possible (as these people are there to be punished for there crimes) and that would do more to deter crime than trying to rehab a jackass that has 9 convections. In short hard time isn't nearly as hard as it should be.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:57 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

A guy on another forum i visit spent some time in the tents for a DUI; he did say that it sucked. It was quite chilly at night, however, he indicated that many of those in the tents were doing "hotel time" aka work release where they are only in the tents at night.

Re: air conditioning, county facilities must not have that rule; the shelby county penal farm doesn't have a/c (or didn't when a buddy was there).

I think it would be more effective for the prison system to try to teach people how to get by without stealing or robbing for rent money or beating people to win "respect". If the convict is a junkie, they aren't going to stop being a junkie just because they go to jail for a bit; they need to learn that they don't really need their particular junk. You can beat them down daily & put them in an uncomfortable environment if you want, but if there is no other way they know to get by, they will just get better at not getting caught. Just my opinion.

Last edited by orangello; 02-23-2009 at 04:14 PM.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:17 AM   #28
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
A guy on another forum i visit spent some time in the tents for a DUI; he did say that it sucked. It was quite chilly at night, however, he indicated that many of those in the tents were doing "hotel time" aka work release where they are only in the tents at night.

Re: air conditioning, county facilities must not have that rule; the shelby county penal farm doesn't have a/c (or didn't when a buddy was there).

I think it would be more effective for the prison system to try to teach people how to get by without stealing or robbing for rent money or beating people to win "respect". If the convict is a junkie, they aren't going to stop being a junkie just because they go to jail for a bit; they need to learn that they don't really need their particular junk. You can beat them down daily & put them in an uncomfortable environment if you want, but if there is no other way they know to get by, they will just get better at not getting caught. Just my opinion.
So how many times to you try and retrain or provide drug rehad befopre you have to accept some/most criminals will repeat offend just because it's an easy way to get money and the charge/time isn't all that difficult and in fact pretty comfrontable thing to do. If prison is like hell on earth most won't want to go there and those that do won't want to come back. Call it retraining in effect or a deturant.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:38 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
So how many times to you try and retrain or provide drug rehad befopre you have to accept some/most criminals will repeat offend just because it's an easy way to get money and the charge/time isn't all that difficult and in fact pretty comfrontable thing to do. If prison is like hell on earth most won't want to go there and those that do won't want to come back. Call it retraining in effect or a deturant.
I agree, there has to be a limit, and honestly, if you find that someone has reoffended repeatedly & will spend the majority of the rest of their life in prison (on our dime), why not just execute them as painlessly as possible? If they will be in prison, how will they make a real contribution to society? I don't think it's necessary to lower this country to the level of some other countries with prisons that are basically state-supported torture; just put the repeater out of OUR mutual misery, AFTER reasonable efforts have been made to reform/rehab them.

If this sounds "cruel or inhumane", remember that the 8th amendment is in the Bill of Rights as well, it's not just "free speech" and the "right to keep & bear arms", there are some responsibilities in with those rights.

Oh, if you've ever spoken to someone who has done time at Parchman prison in the delta of MS, they will explain that it is NOT pleasant, well unless you like gardening all day in the MS summer (not small gardens). I have heard of at least one guy who cut his wrists to get in some shade at that place. If you are ever in the market for a VERY durable & well made table-top grill, they have a program that makes some awesome ones; i guess there isn't much reason to rush the job.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:17 PM   #30

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Yard - I am afraid I am going to need some sources on those statements you got at the end there...

Quote:
Too many people sit around and pass judgment on drug addicts not realising that the government created the countries drug problem, and continues to profit from all sides of the venture. If you still think the 60's were about peace and love your off your gorg... wide spread government sponsored drug use
I just typed out 6 paragraphs on my own little rant about prisons, and prisoners, but I have decided it's because my blood sugar is low and I am going to wait before I post it....

I would like to see the sources that show that the US Government is trying to keep the lower classes down by introducing, and subsidizing, wholesale drug use.

And then once I see that, I want to know why everyone who comes from that background and gets famous STILL does that same exact sh!t and gets caught.....

Societal Pressures can't be your crutch forever.

JD