'Jailhouse Islam' converts gun down U.S. cops - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > 'Jailhouse Islam' converts gun down U.S. cops

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 06:07 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3357 Times on 1738 Posts
Likes Given: 354

We have a high percentage of incarcerated people because of several factors. In many countries there are two choices, a short harsh jail/prison term or a short/harsh bullet to the back of the head.

China has a huge population and executes most felons.

The numbers are also skewed a bit because of the way they gather the info. If a person goes to jail 15 times a year (a lot of chronic drunks get arrested more often than that) that counts as 15 people in jail. If a convict gets paroled in January and revoked in June (and goes back to prison), that counts as two people in prison. Number and statistics can be skewed to tell the story you want.

Kind of like the CDC reports on gun deaths. Legitimate self defense with a firearm that results in a death is a "Gun Death". If the Police kill an armed BG and the case is completely cleared by the grandjury, It is still a "Gun Death".

Old 02-18-2009, 08:17 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3485 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Then you should move to Maricopa County where your tax dollars will be used in the best possible manner.

Sheriff Joe For The WIN!!

JD

Old 02-18-2009, 08:22 PM   #13

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

I think yardcall is saying what the Libertarians say. Legalize illegal drugs and tax them. What I don't know is if yardcall is for legalization of ALL illegal drugs or just weed. yardcall does love the weed, you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 02-18-2009, 08:52 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
I think yardcall is saying what the Libertarians say. Legalize illegal drugs and tax them. What I don't know is if yardcall is for legalization of ALL illegal drugs or just weed. yardcall does love the weed, you know.
I would agree on the taxing of & regulation of weed, wholeheartedly. I would not, could not support the legalization of cocaine (in any form), methamphetamine, heroin, or LSD. These chemicals can alter a relatively normal person's psyche, temporarily & in the long term. I have had friends who have been changed by each of these substances, short & long term changes (some by more than one substance). Though LSD may not be "addictive", its effects can be very noticeable and lasting & i would hate to think of someone lumping it into the same group of "emotional/physical modifiers/toys" as weed or alcohol. (Yes, i have used most of these substances at one time or another & i do NOT recommend any of them, with the exception of some weed for those wound too tight.)

I do wish there was a more "cure oriented" place to send true addicts than to regular prisons. It would be nice if all of those people could be "cured" of their dependencies, but i don't know how that could be done. For the record, one of my best friends has been to state prison & said the weed was great and reasonably available; he did indicate some other drugs were available, though he did not use them.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:54 PM   #15

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

So far no one has mentioned the fact that this convicted felon had a handgun. Seems as if the gun control laws are as effective as the three strikes plan.
JdP

Old 02-18-2009, 08:55 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3357 Times on 1738 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Fom Yardall

"We don't need tougher sentancing we need to stop legislating moraliy."

I've got news for you, People have been legislating morality for thousands of years. Some of the oldest known writings are legislated morality. The Hammurabi Code, The 10 Commandments, etc. The fact that murder is illegal is legislated morality. Just because a few people do not want to live by the same moral code does not mean we should abolish all laws. Granted there are not a huge group of people that think murder is OK morally. There is a larger group of people that think all "Chemicals" should be legal. There is an even larger group of people that think Marihuana should be legal.

When the group grows large enough to gain a majority in Congress then that particular "morality" will be legalized.

Apparently you have never seen the adverse effects of long term Marihuana use (and abuse). I have seen many people's lives really screwed up by Marihuana. It is not a "harmless herb". Granted, it is "probably" no worse than alcohol and tobbacco when used together, but still not harmless.

As for the harder drugs. I won't even begin to get started there.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:00 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
FApparently you have never seen the adverse effects of long term Marihuana use (and abuse).
I do have a bit of a cough & a potgut from all the snackie cakes.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:08 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I don't want to debate the morality of drug use. This thread is about a murdering son of a bitch killing a cop. He was a convicted felon, a career criminal and a "Prison Muslim".

Did he kill the cop because he's a Prison Muslim or because he's a career criminal, I don't know. I have no idea what went on inside his felonious mind.
Society would be better off if this jerkoff received a 230gr. lead pellet to his excuse for a brain.

As far as moderate Muslins go, there are no moderate Muslims. The phrase is an oxymoron. And only morons believe it.

If you are Libertarian and think all drugs should be legalized and taxed, then you are a fool. I agree with many Libertarian concepts, but this and open borders are not them.

I am a Chemical Dependency counselor in the 'hood. I see the results of drug use daily. My clients are all on parole, probation or have cases with Child Protective Services.

Families are being destroyed wholesale by drug use. Maybe the Justice System is overbearing, but people must take responsibility for their behavior and the results they create.

I'm not talking theory here, this is what I see every day. High falutin' ideas and theories don't mean a damn thing.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #19

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Ok, yard, I've got a better understanding here. Addicts that have committed felonies, but rather harmless to support their habits (would never be a criminal without the addiction) should not be put in the same kind of prison as the murder, rapist, et al. I agree to a point. Federally mandated terms are a bit askew. Re: the guy and his horrific crime this thread is about. Personally, I believe that all psycopaths should be put to death, child offenders should be castrated along with serial rapists, drug dealers (I'm talkin' major trafficers) should spend life. Addicts should be given the chance and support to get clean, at least once. Still, we have the most honest (in all) justice system and rights for accused criminals than any other country in the history of Earth. Not perfect, and it does need overhauling (imo), but still the best. I'd rather be wrongly accused of murder in the US than any other country in existence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 02-18-2009, 09:44 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I don't want to debate the morality of drug use. This thread is about a murdering son of a bitch killing a cop. He was a convicted felon, a career criminal and a "Prison Muslim".
Oops! Sorry about the threadjack. I'd agree that, from what i read, this guy is a seriously bad person & should not have been roaming free with the rest of society, regardless of his religion or sobriety (or lack thereof). It would be great if there was some kind of foolproof exit interview when people are about to leave prison that could determine if they were very likely to do something else violent & need to be locked up again, so they wouldn't be released to begin with. Unfortunately, i don't know how they could make that work; i also don't see how they could work "potential criminality" into the current system of criminal law in the U.S.