Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Jack Daniels Distillery Tour.... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/jack-daniels-distillery-tour-52527/)

LONGHAIR 11-27-2011 11:12 AM

Jack Daniels Distillery Tour....

Has anybody been to the Jack Daniels Distillery Tour in Lynchburg Tennessee ???...My friend is going next weekend and asked me to go,I'm thinking about-it..I've been on the Jack Daniels web-site and it looks very interesting,so I think I'm going to go..Just woundering if anybody else has been and what they thought of it.....

winds-of-change 11-27-2011 12:03 PM

I haven't been but I'd love to go. Jack Daniels is one of my favorite "shots". :D

Hairtrigger 11-27-2011 12:51 PM

Not Jack but I have been to the MAkers Mark Distillery several times. The tour is well worth the trip

AcidFlashGordon 11-27-2011 12:56 PM

I went twice back in 1976 while in A.I.T. in the Army at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama. First time I went alone because my future ex-wife hadn't come down to join me. The second time, we took her parents...her Dad loves Jack Daniels. When we got there I told him not to get TOO excited because he would NOT be getting any free samples. The distillery is in a dry county.

The tour itself is a lot of fun. In '76, they had a bunch of old guys, probably those who had worked there since forever, giving the tours and they made it interesting. At the end of the tour, they took a photo of the group and that was to be sent to you. Both times, the photos didn't make it but they DID send numbered woodcuts of parts of the distillery. I have one of the barrel house and one of the fermenting vat building.

If the White Rabbit saloon is still open in Lynchburg, get lunch there. When I went, they had an excellent sandwich bar (fresh bread, delicious cold cuts, numerous kinds of cheese and every other condiment you can think of to put on a sandwich), their freshly made lemonade was delicious and their hot-out-of-the-oven pecan pie melted in your mouth.

PanBaccha 11-27-2011 01:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, geeze, Jack about kicked my butt this holiday! :o

jdgeroy 11-27-2011 02:11 PM

Go, you will love it. Hit the gift shop at the end of the tour, they have bottles of Jack you can't get any where else.

jordan89 11-27-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdgeroy
Go, you will love it. Hit the gift shop at the end of the tour, they have bottles of Jack you can't get any where else.

I thought it was located in a dry county?

LONGHAIR 11-27-2011 07:04 PM

It's a dry county,maybe they give-you a taste-test like at the end of Budweiser's tour here in St.Louis....I see they got a room called the Squire room for members only or something....

lastrebel70 11-27-2011 07:47 PM

I went a few years ago and as I recall three were 3 places you could by Jack in the county and the gift shop was one of them, can't remember the other 2 places.

opaww 11-27-2011 07:47 PM

I have nothing to do with Jack Daniels what so ever sense I found out they gave money to anti gun groups