Its really weird - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Its really weird

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2014, 11:43 AM   #21
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 239 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by string1946 View Post
The Sheriff did say he thought the decapitation was post mortem but he couldn't be sure. I assume he was basing that on the amount of blood around the body but thats just a guess.
Bruising and coagulation go into it as well. When you live your skin reacts, even if you're only alive a short time after the initial assault.

I was a funeral director for a few years.

Old 05-16-2014, 11:31 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

They found the wife's body in the lake today. No more details. Will update as they come in.

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Old 05-16-2014, 11:54 PM   #23

Liked 407 Times on 232 Posts

Woah....thanks for the update. This is crazy!

Old 05-17-2014, 04:38 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Ok I have learned a little more but not much. A fisherman found the body floating in the lake near the dam which is about 5 miles from her home where the husband was found. They don't know if she was taken there by boat or if she was carried there by the currents. I'll explain how that could happen in a lake. Lake Oconee is what's called a "Pump Storage" lake. In the 1920's Georgia Power Company (the company I worked for some 39 years) built Sinclair dam as a hydro-electric dam and backed up Lake Sinclair. In the 1970's they built Wallace dam at the upper end of Lake Sinclair as a pump storage dam and backed up Lake Oconee. During the day when electric demand is high they let water through Wallace dam and use it to generate power. At night when demand is low they reverse the generators making motors out of them and pump water out of Lake Sinclair back into Lake Oconee getting ready for the next days generation. When they are generation there is a strong pull toward Wallace dam but when they are pumping back the push isn't as strong so things keep getting pulled toward the dam. That may be more info than anyone wanted about the lakes. Anyway the Sheriff said she was murdered but that "there was no glaring signs of trauma. I'm not sure what that means unless she was tied up or something. I'll update when and if I find out more. One of their sons was shot and killed in Atlanta about 10/12 years ago trying to buy crack cocaine but the guy that shot him is still in prison.

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis