Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > It's MONDAY!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2344 Times on 1525 Posts

Every job I've ever had I got paid weekly. For some reason I don't like the sound of getting paid every two weeks.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 08-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #42

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Every job I've ever had I got paid weekly. For some reason I don't like the sound of getting paid every two weeks.
You get use to it. Just have to know how to budget correctly. I haven't been paid on a weekly basis since the mid 90's I think. I would be all screwed up on a weekly basis

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #43

Adapt and overcome... the want to go blow it all on a really nice gun instead of a decent one.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 08-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #44

Liked 4532 Times on 2191 Posts
Likes Given: 1352

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Working all week BUT taking clients shooting on Wednesday!

Only thing better than shooting mid week and getting paid for it is also being able to expense the ammo!

1 case 5.56 mm. "check"
1 case 7.62 x 39. "check"
1 case 12 G #7. "check"
1/2 case .45 ACP. "check"
1/2 case .40 S&W "check"
1/2 case 9 mm. "check"

The cost of marketing simply can't be avoided...

Tack
It's now Thursday and yesterday went great. We had 5 construction guys plus my eldest son and his girlfriend up on the mountain in a great quarry of a sunny day...what more could I ask for?

I've no got 6 filthy pistols, 2 dirt shotguns, a Grungy AR, a goupy AK, and a sloppy 10-22 that were thoroughly douches with solevent and stored muzzle down until I can find time to clean them all...

I also got 2 shoot 2 platforms I'd not yet tried...

A Mosin that I was quite impressed with. Though it was certainly stiffer than any other bolt Ive handled, I did not need a shoe to open the bolt and found it reasonably accurate for what it was. Shooting was informal stationary clay pigeons at about 80 yards offhand and though I only hit one out of five shots, I would guess this particular Mosin would give sub 2 MOA groups at 100 if put on a bench.

The other was a Ruger SR9 and while it's a little bigger than I like, I thought it shot extremely well for a sub $250 9 mm. I enjoyed the ability to easily stage the "visible" hammer for quick shot and really think Ruger did a good job on this design. Great Value.

Well, that's how I ended my hump day and it's looking all downhill to the weekend from here...

Tack

Old 08-17-2012, 01:53 AM   #45
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1672 Times on 1019 Posts
Likes Given: 1984

Well I made it to payday with no more rubber checks. Got within about $5 of my overdraft limit though... Scary. Guess I'll switch to Ramen noodles for a couple weeks so I can afford another range trip. Missed last week.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 08-17-2012, 02:23 AM   #46
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6743 Times on 4074 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Well I made it to payday with no more rubber checks. Got within about $5 of my overdraft limit though... Scary. Guess I'll switch to Ramen noodles for a couple weeks so I can afford another range trip. Missed last week.
Dodged a bullet on that one........pun intended. Ramen noodles are pretty tasty.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:29 AM   #47
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5262 Times on 2743 Posts
Likes Given: 332

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Dodged a bullet on that one........pun intended. Ramen noodles are pretty tasty.
i like the chicken ones with some S&B curry powder tossed in

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-17-2012, 04:57 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota
That happened to some of my coworkers two weeks ago. Hmmm, banks gonna collapse?

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 08-18-2012, 12:10 AM   #49
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1672 Times on 1019 Posts
Likes Given: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
That happened to some of my coworkers two weeks ago. Hmmm, banks gonna collapse?
Probably not with the amount I'm donating as bounce charges. Sux buying a $5 lunch and paying $29 more for the bank charge. Sux even more when that is one of several small transactions!!!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 08-18-2012, 12:39 AM   #50
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6743 Times on 4074 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Probably not with the amount I'm donating as bounce charges. Sux buying a $5 lunch and paying $29 more for the bank charge. Sux even more when that is one of several small transactions!!!
Been there.......done that.......it definitely sucks. Life got better for me and it will for you, too. Hang in there.