Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > It's MONDAY!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6561 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
Work, Work, School, and work some more. That's right three jobs and school but there isn't any jobs out there if you ask some
There are over 20,000 jobs listed on indeed.com for the Fort Worth area, so there are definitely jobs around. The only problem is that it's hard to find one if you don't have much work experience.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 141 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quit my current job if I'm lucky and start a new one. Bad luck seems to follow me, though, so I guess I'm screwed.

Brian

Old 08-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #13

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
There are over 20,000 jobs listed on indeed.com for the Fort Worth area, so there are definitely jobs around. The only problem is that it's hard to find one if you don't have much work experience.
Uncle Sam is hiring j/k I just get tired of hearing everyone say there are no jobs. They are out there, you just have to plug away and keep applying. When it comes to no work experience you have to start somewhere and volunteering may be the answer to get some experience to put on your resume. What are you looking at doing? Plus aren't you in school?

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #14

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Working today and tommorrow and leaving for Destin FL for a few days on a mini vacation .Sunday working on the river have a few rafting trips

" TO EACH HIS OWN "

Old 08-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #15

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts

There are 200,000 truck driving jobs in the states now and the gov. Will pay for u to go to school for there are jobs out there most people just are to lazy to get a job or relocate for a job or are to good to make less money then they were at there old job people got to rember a work place ain't going to invest good money in to some who ain't worked for them yet u got to put time back in. And money will come and promotions.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:19 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1126 Times on 734 Posts
Likes Given: 648

selling a mosin to my brother in law tonight. going to a fair also. workin all week and then house chores and other assorted tasks

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:40 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6561 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
Uncle Sam is hiring j/k I just get tired of hearing everyone say there are no jobs. They are out there, you just have to plug away and keep applying. When it comes to no work experience you have to start somewhere and volunteering may be the answer to get some experience to put on your resume. What are you looking at doing? Plus aren't you in school?
Yeah, I'm in school, but I think I could handle at least a part time job too. I'm studying for civil engineering, but I'd be happy with just about any job I could get right now. If I can, I'd really like to get a full time job.

I do have SOME experience, but it doesn't seem to help be. I have 2 years of experience as a peer mentor (basically 200 hours of community service as a tutor. It also was a way to take 3 college classes for free. ) I also spent 5 months as a federal work study in the college's admissions office.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 08-13-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #18

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Yeah, I'm in school, but I think I could handle at least a part time job too. I'm studying for civil engineering, but I'd be happy with just about any job I could get right now. If I can, I'd really like to get a full time job.

I do have SOME experience, but it doesn't seem to help be. I have 2 years of experience as a peer mentor (basically 200 hours of community service as a tutor. It also was a way to take 3 college classes for free. ) I also spent 5 months as a federal work study in the college's admissions office.
Have you tailored your resume to each specific job when applying and included a cover page? If you want me to take a look at it and give you some helpful tips send it to my silverado email.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #19

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAD313
There are 200,000 truck driving jobs in the states now and the gov. Will pay for u to go to school for there are jobs out there most people just are to lazy to get a job or relocate for a job or are to good to make less money then they were at there old job people got to rember a work place ain't going to invest good money in to some who ain't worked for them yet u got to put time back in. And money will come and promotions.
Most of those are OTR jobs, and since most people don't want to be away from thier families for weeks or months at a time those jobs will always be open. I did it for awhile and it was very hard, put a strain on my marriage and I missed the first 9 months of my sons life.

Local companies usually require 2 years of commercial truck driving experience so its difficult to get into anything but OTR starting out. You really just have to bite the bullet and do it and then look for something local when you get some experience in.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Last edited by dragunovsks; 08-13-2012 at 06:15 PM.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #20

Liked 4674 Times on 2260 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Working all week BUT taking clients shooting on Wednesday!

Only thing better than shooting mid week and getting paid for it is also being able to expense the ammo!

1 case 5.56 mm. "check"
1 case 7.62 x 39. "check"
1 case 12 G #7. "check"
1/2 case .45 ACP. "check"
1/2 case .40 S&W "check"
1/2 case 9 mm. "check"

The cost of marketing simply can't be avoided...

Tack