It's the little things...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > It's the little things...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 05:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,609
Liked 287 Times on 249 Posts

Default It's the little things...

Wouldn't it be nice if Hollywood did something to help society, rather than plague it with perpetual ignorance?

Something as simple as requiring all sex scenes to display the use of condoms. A simple subliminal message conveying safety and responsibility. In a world so invested in the televised "arts" to supply a concept of maturity for one's viewing pleasure could do so much for our near and distant futures.

Imagine the decreased, unwanted and teen pregnancies, and because of it the reduction in welfare dependency and other government aids... the increase of not just the average maturation of education but, over time, the level of our standard of education.

Something so small and inconsequential to Hollywood could be so drastic in our standard of existence here in the country most of us claim to love so much. Just show an empty wrapper on the night stand. A brief discussion of precaution before commencement.

Any other ideas?

__________________
BeyondTheBox is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 04-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,997
Liked 3215 Times on 1823 Posts
Likes Given: 18551

Default

As long as there is a nickel to be made , there,s no place for compassion..! What we need is a 180 degree turn-around in our way of thinking . Common sense and logic aren,t huge seller,s .! No (Kool-factor)..!

The success of movie scenarios is of fantasies and to do what we don,t or can,t do , but appeals to everybody,s inner-child . Freedom of choice with no repercussions , and to put responsibilities on hold for just some two + hours or so , to escape reality and not see it in our movies .!

We come to escape and not be reminded and movies , they will never be applied to life,s intellect but to escape it , if only for some two + hours...! (Two + hours is not enough time to capture one,s imagination and teach moralities..!

__________________

Last edited by dango; 04-18-2013 at 06:03 PM.
dango is offline  
c3shooter Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
danf_fl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: LA (Lower Alabama),FL
Posts: 10,277
Liked 2897 Times on 1670 Posts
Likes Given: 1246

Default

Require realistic scenarios showing the correct procedures to obtain firearms.

And let the hero get hung up on a "delayed" NICS check.

__________________

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

danf_fl is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MoreAltitude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 448
Liked 156 Times on 93 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango
As long as there is a nickel to be made , there,s no place for compassion..! What we need is a 180 degree turn-around in our way of thinking . Common sense and logic aren,t huge seller,s .! No (Kool-factor)..!

The success of movie scenarios is of fantasies and to do what we don,t or can,t do , but appeals to everybody,s inner-child . Freedom of choice with no repercussions , and to put responsibilities on hold for just some two + hours or so , to escape reality and not see it in our movies .!

We come to escape and not be reminded and movies , they will never be applied to life,s intellect but to escape it , if only for some two + hours...! (Two + hours is not enough time to capture one,s imagination and teach moralities..!
I enjoyed reading that response, very well thought out and in my opinion very true...
__________________

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved

MoreAltitude is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,609
Liked 287 Times on 249 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
As long as there is a nickel to be made , there,s no place for compassion..! What we need is a 180 degree turn-around in our way of thinking . Common sense and logic aren,t huge seller,s .! No (Kool-factor)..!

The success of movie scenarios is of fantasies and to do what we don,t or can,t do , but appeals to everybody,s inner-child . Freedom of choice with no repercussions , and to put responsibilities on hold for just some two + hours or so , to escape reality and not see it in our movies .!

We come to escape and not be reminded and movies , they will never be applied to life,s intellect but to escape it , if only for some two + hours...! (Two + hours is not enough time to capture one,s imagination and teach moralities..!
I think you severely underestimate the value current generations put on movies and television. It's not just two hours, its a conversation topic, it's a party night and "watchathon". They have clubs like book clubs revolving around these vampire and warlock series films.

From an older generational perspective you're right, but it's not the older generation who needs the gut check. As I stated, its a subliminal message I'm asking for, the same one that's created this fantastical dream world we use movies for. The change I ask for would do nothing to interrupt or corrupt that quality of provided by them, only help to increase a concept of responsibility (not morality, that's something I agree no movie is going to change, but I don't think it has anything to do with what I'm asking).

I feel like you're answering a question or solving a problem never asked or addressed here.
__________________

Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 04-18-2013 at 06:50 PM.
BeyondTheBox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,609
Liked 287 Times on 249 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Require realistic scenarios showing the correct procedures to obtain firearms.

And let the hero get hung up on a "delayed" NICS check.
Lol hahahahaha that would be awesome!
__________________
BeyondTheBox is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,997
Liked 3215 Times on 1823 Posts
Likes Given: 18551

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
I think you severely underestimate the value current generations put on movies and television. It's not just two hours, its a conversation topic, it's a party night and "watchathon". They have clubs like book clubs revolving around these vampire and warlock series films.

From an older generational perspective you're right, but it's not the older generation who needs the gut check. As I stated, its a subliminal message I'm asking for, the same one that's created this fantastical dream world we use movies for. The change I ask for would do nothing to interrupt or corrupt that quality of provided by them, only help to increase a concept of responsibility (not morality, that's something I agree no movie is going to change, but I don't think it has anything to do with what I'm asking).

I feel like you're answering a question or solving a problem never asked or addressed here.
You fail to see the ultimate goal here which is money and nothing to do with our choices or moral ground .! Money , it,s not that complicated and the choice , we see what they let us see..!

Now I agree with you , but as in all things , I don,t call the shots..! We don,t see it in a majority of our parenting so why would any one expect to be seen else-where..?
__________________
dango is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,609
Liked 287 Times on 249 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post

You fail to see the ultimate goal here which is money and nothing to do with our choices or moral ground .! Money , it,s not that complicated and the choice , we see what they let us see..!

Now I agree with you , but as in all things , I don,t call the shots..! We don,t see it in a majority of our parenting so why would any one expect to be seen else-where..?
Not at all, everyone knows money makes the world go round. That's not in question, nor is the inclination for major corporations to do what makes them the most.

My request and point would do nothing to decrease revenue nor add cost to production. In fact I guarantee they'd see a lift in sales because of it. I'm not suggesting anything that would breech the integrity of the story line or purpose of a film. The action, the seduction and appeal would ask still be there, it would simply include a new aspect to it.
__________________
BeyondTheBox is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Things to come! Bigcountry02 Politics, Religion and Controversy 10 01-14-2013 10:23 PM
Are things getting better here in IL? JD1969 Illinois Gun Forum 8 02-25-2012 03:24 PM
It's the little things she does... bernie The Club House 24 09-07-2008 06:17 AM