Islamic paramilitary compounds in the US

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Islamic paramilitary compounds in the US

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2007, 06:27 PM   #1
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default Islamic paramilitary compounds in the US

This article is pretty alarming. It describes a closed, armed Muslim-only compound where hundreds of people live in New York State. Other such compounds are in or near Hyattsville, Maryland; Red House, Virginia; Falls Church, Virginia; Macon, Georgia; York, South Carolina; Dover, Tennessee; Buena Vista, Colorado; Talihina, Oklahoma; Tulane Country, California; Commerce, California; and Onalaska, Washington. Others are being built, including an expansive facility in Sherman, Pennsylvania.

Read the article -- it's an eye opener.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-12-2007, 07:21 PM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Scary read, thanks for posting it.

Old 05-12-2007, 08:00 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Get 'em boys!!

This is a quote from the story:

"The 70 acre complex is surrounded with "No trespassing" signs; the rocky terrain is infested with rattlesnakes; and the woods are home to black bears, coyotes, wolves, and a few bobcats"

I'm rooting for the rattlesnakes, black bears, coyotes, wolves and bobcats!!!

MarMac

Old 05-12-2007, 08:12 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Our freedoms used against us??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
This article is pretty alarming. It describes a closed, armed Muslim-only compound where hundreds of people live in New York State. Other such compounds are in or near Hyattsville, Maryland; Red House, Virginia; Falls Church, Virginia; Macon, Georgia; York, South Carolina; Dover, Tennessee; Buena Vista, Colorado; Talihina, Oklahoma; Tulane Country, California; Commerce, California; and Onalaska, Washington. Others are being built, including an expansive facility in Sherman, Pennsylvania.

Read the article -- it's an eye opener.

Now, seriously, what can be done about this group, while it could be used against those patriotic American people, who may be for completely different goals than these Islamic people? We stand for the Constitution and the Bill Of Rights, particular the 2nd Amendment! If these people were raided by the FBI, how can we be happy about that? How can we not defend them? It is a quandry to be sure!!

Perhaps we should wonder why the government, to the best of their ability, should infiltrate this group to see what they are up to? They did this back in the war against the KKK in the south very effectively. Should that be used against these radical Islamic people today? What do you think the ACLU would react to that? I think it would be a firestorm in the courts.

We live in difficult days today!!

MarMac

Old 05-12-2007, 10:02 PM   #5
bkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Now, seriously, what can be done about this group, while it could be used against those patriotic American people, who may be for completely different goals than these Islamic people? We stand for the Constitution and the Bill Of Rights, particular the 2nd Amendment! If these people were raided by the FBI, how can we be happy about that? How can we not defend them? It is a quandry to be sure!!

Perhaps we should wonder why the government, to the best of their ability, should infiltrate this group to see what they are up to? They did this back in the war against the KKK in the south very effectively. Should that be used against these radical Islamic people today? What do you think the ACLU would react to that? I think it would be a firestorm in the courts.

We live in difficult days today!!

MarMac
We have named "terrorism" as our enemy, but terrorism is merely a tactic; it is a means to an end. In World War II, we did not name "blitzkreig" as our enemy. We understood what the Nazis were after and we fought against their end objective.

We cower at the thought of openly recognizing our enemy is a religious ideology.

If we live in difficult days today, it is made worse by our reluctance to protect civilization for fear of appearing politically incorrect.

Old 05-12-2007, 10:34 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
If they are running terrorist training camps here in the U.S then theres a lot we can, and should do about it. A couple of tomahawk cruise missiles would do quite nicely. Not defending those who name themselves your enemy is easy to do, and believe me radical islam is your enemy.

Old 05-14-2007, 11:41 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassMonkey View Post
If they are running terrorist training camps here in the U.S then theres a lot we can, and should do about it. A couple of tomahawk cruise missiles would do quite nicely. Not defending those who name themselves your enemy is easy to do, and believe me radical islam is your enemy.
I do understand and agree with what you are saying, but, if I may play "Devils Advocate", some of what we think about "rights" and responsibility are used by those who are OUR (meaning those who are those who would take our Constitutional rights away, especially the Right To Bare Arms) enemies and they use our Constitution against us. I find that abhorrent, but it is a "double edged sword" in many ways.

There are many "paramilitary" camps in our country that are full of patriotic (in my view) people who are in training to defend our country, particularly many of our Constitutional rights and there are many who are for those to be shut down as well. My question, is in drawing the line? It's a very difficult thing to do, particularly when it comes to Freedom of Religion that is so cherished by those of us that worship God according to the dictates of our conscience. Whose God is the Constitution going to exclude for us to give freedom to?

There are those, who are arming themselves, that are benign "nuts" and then there are those that are potentially dangerous "nuts". Take David Koresh and the Branch Davidians. There are many, of the Guns Rights advocates, who would be totally in sympathy with them and that they "got what they deserved" and just as many of "us" would say that the government murdered them for attacking them and interferring with their "rights". The same could be said for some of the Islamic people who are among us today.

That's why I say it is hard to defend those who would try to stop them from what they are doing, CONSTITUTIONALLY.

I tell you one thing; we are just about overdue for another American Revolution in this country.

MarMac

Old 05-15-2007, 11:20 AM   #8
bkt

Quote:
That's why I say it is hard to defend those who would try to stop them from what they are doing, CONSTITUTIONALLY.
Exactly. And it may well be the facility is harmless. Visiting http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/ a few times a month will go a long way to illustrating that Islam has its share of nuts who kill and maim many times each month in many countries. In light of this and in light of the deafening silence of moderate Muslims speaking out against these atrocities, it would be wise to keep a very close eye on the goings-on in these camps.

Quote:
I tell you one thing; we are just about overdue for another American Revolution in this country.
We have strayed, bit by bit over time, far from the constitution and personal rights, freedoms, liberty from oppressive forces and personal responsibility and integrity. When you look at how various levels of government dictate how to live (seatbelt laws, helmet laws, no trans-fats in restaurant food, the "Fairness Doctrine", no smoking in private establishments, banning guns) you wonder how we allowed ourselves to get to this point.

We need to to return to that which made this country great.