Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Irritating TV commercials

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 04:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Default Irritating TV commercials

There are zillions of them but the ones that really bug me are the Broadview (Brinks) home security. As soon as the BG has kicked in the door - he hears the alarm and runs away. What a crock of BS.

The commercial I want to see shows the BG kicking in the door - and then receiving a full mag of 230 JHPs in the face (from a 1911 of course)...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-16-2009, 04:19 PM   #2

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Anything the one eyed Sham Wow guy pitches, The stupid GEICO Gecko, any INBEV (Bud) commercial, the ones with Billy Mays screaming at the camera, the Coors light Ice Train, all locally produced dealership ads!!

I have issues with the Broadview (Brinks) commercials, too!! The guy no one knows who crashed the party and returns later to kick in the back door!! Just dumb! And the dispatch guy is sending help now? What, is there a coffee house close by?

People get the government they deserve.

Old 12-16-2009, 04:26 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

What pisses me off the most are the commercials for the "Tax Relief" organizations. Some really Goober looking a$$hat and his dild0 wife are smiling stupidly at the camera and stating how they owed $100,000 in back taxes and settled for only $1,000.

I pay a $hit load in taxes. If those ba$tards would pay their taxes maybe mine would not be so high! Morons!

TXnorton

Old 12-16-2009, 04:27 PM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

The Free Credit Report band. I hope their credit is so sh***y that they can't afford Brinks Security, and some BG does them harm.

Old 12-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
And the dispatch guy is sending help now? What, is there a coffee house close by?
When we bought our first house in a suburb of San Antonio in 86, I found out quickly that all the local LEOs hung out in the 7-11 (in the strip mall at the entrance) as they had a donut shop in the back. In my neighborhood, you didn't call 911 - you called the 7-11...

Old 12-16-2009, 04:34 PM   #6

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

A college professor once told me that advertisers want the consumer to either LOVE their ads or HATE them. Either way, they're getting a strong reaction that the consumer will probably remember.

Looks like it's working on you guys. Me too. If I had a choice, I wouldn't use Brinks for security SPECIFICALLY because of those commercials!

Old 12-16-2009, 04:42 PM   #7

Cavemen and the Charlie Sheen shirt commercial..

Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser. Americans despise cowards. Americans play to win all of the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost nor will ever lose a war; for the very idea of losing is hateful to an American.

~ George S. Patton (1944)

Old 12-16-2009, 04:45 PM   #8

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
Cavemen and the Charlie Sheen shirt commercial..
Cavemen were cool for maybe the first 3 commercials. From there, nosedive.

Old 12-16-2009, 04:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
The Free Credit Report band. I hope their credit is so sh***y that they can't afford Brinks Security, and some BG does them harm.
Yup, these guys make me want to puke. If ever there were candidates for forced emasculation - these turds are it...

Old 12-16-2009, 04:54 PM   #10
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The Gieco Gecko is easier to stomach than the stack of money with googly eyes.