Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Irritating TV commercials (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/irritating-tv-commercials-21177/)

NGIB 12-16-2009 04:11 PM

Irritating TV commercials

There are zillions of them but the ones that really bug me are the Broadview (Brinks) home security. As soon as the BG has kicked in the door - he hears the alarm and runs away. What a crock of BS.

The commercial I want to see shows the BG kicking in the door - and then receiving a full mag of 230 JHPs in the face (from a 1911 of course)...

dunerunner 12-16-2009 04:19 PM

Anything the one eyed Sham Wow guy pitches, The stupid GEICO Gecko, any INBEV (Bud) commercial, the ones with Billy Mays screaming at the camera, the Coors light Ice Train, all locally produced dealership ads!!

I have issues with the Broadview (Brinks) commercials, too!! The guy no one knows who crashed the party and returns later to kick in the back door!! Just dumb! And the dispatch guy is sending help now? What, is there a coffee house close by?

TXnorton 12-16-2009 04:26 PM

What pisses me off the most are the commercials for the "Tax Relief" organizations. Some really Goober looking a$$hat and his dild0 wife are smiling stupidly at the camera and stating how they owed $100,000 in back taxes and settled for only $1,000.

I pay a $hit load in taxes. If those ba$tards would pay their taxes maybe mine would not be so high! Morons!

Benning Boy 12-16-2009 04:27 PM

The Free Credit Report band. I hope their credit is so sh***y that they can't afford Brinks Security, and some BG does them harm.

NGIB 12-16-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunerunner (Post 200289)
And the dispatch guy is sending help now? What, is there a coffee house close by?

When we bought our first house in a suburb of San Antonio in 86, I found out quickly that all the local LEOs hung out in the 7-11 (in the strip mall at the entrance) as they had a donut shop in the back. In my neighborhood, you didn't call 911 - you called the 7-11...

lonyaeger 12-16-2009 04:34 PM

A college professor once told me that advertisers want the consumer to either LOVE their ads or HATE them. Either way, they're getting a strong reaction that the consumer will probably remember.

Looks like it's working on you guys. Me too. If I had a choice, I wouldn't use Brinks for security SPECIFICALLY because of those commercials!

MichaelG 12-16-2009 04:42 PM

Cavemen and the Charlie Sheen shirt commercial..

Benning Boy 12-16-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelG (Post 200301)
Cavemen and the Charlie Sheen shirt commercial..

Cavemen were cool for maybe the first 3 commercials. From there, nosedive.

NGIB 12-16-2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benning Boy (Post 200293)
The Free Credit Report band. I hope their credit is so sh***y that they can't afford Brinks Security, and some BG does them harm.

Yup, these guys make me want to puke. If ever there were candidates for forced emasculation - these turds are it...

Troy Michalik 12-16-2009 04:54 PM

The Gieco Gecko is easier to stomach than the stack of money with googly eyes.