Iranian President in New York
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Iranian President in New York

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2007, 01:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Iranian President in New York

As most of us know, the President of Iran is visiting the U.S.. He will speak at Columbia University today, which sparks much controversy. Personal opinion... This is disgusting, and disgraceful, how ever, it's all a part of free speech and freedom of expression. Although I am disgusted by this, I am strangely attracted. I wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall in that auditorium.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a leader that executes homosexuals, kills journalists, slaps down anyone in his own country for speaking freely, a leader that calls the holocaust a myth. Some have to question Columbia University's motives. The founder of the minuteman project was denied to speak, but instead, Columbia U. invited a tyrant. The dean of Columbia U states that Mahmoud will be faced with powerful questions by students and staff. Questions that could possibly hold him accountable to his tyranny. It was also stated that Columbia U would invite Hitler to speak as well... What in the world?!?!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297748,00.html

Even more disgusting is the request of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to visit Ground Zero. Why would someone who nurses terrorism want to visit our Ground Zero? In my mind that is nothing more than a slap in the face of our nation, not to mention the faces of everyone associated with the Trade Center attacks.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297384,00.html

All in all.. I think this is just outrageous, but it falls under the First Amendment where free speech, and free expression is protected. If we denied the Iranian President the right to speak here, we would be no better than he is. I do believe that it was poor valuer to reject the founder of the minuteman project, but instead, invite someone who welcomes mayhem. Just makes you step back and wonder... Why?

Real funny thing here is... The today show did a longer spot on Britney Spear's divorce, than the Iranian President's visit to New York. Just goes to show you that we are a nation based on vanity.

I reject your reality and substitute my own...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-24-2007, 01:50 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2258 Times on 1228 Posts
Likes Given: 3528

"Even more disgusting is the request of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to visit Ground Zero. Why would someone who nurses terrorism want to visit our Ground Zero?"

I totally agree. But let me digress for a moment or two. On 9/11 the US was attacked by Saudis, commanded by another Saudi, Osama bin Laden. The extended family of OBL were allowed to leave the US on a chartered aircraft when US citizens could not fly. The Saudi royals and other filthy rich Saudis have supported Islamic terrorism for decades. Saudi royals are allowed visit Ground Zero to gloat or do what ever they do there.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Saudi royals are allowed visit Ground Zero to gloat or do what ever they do there.
All I can say is NO! How is that permissible? How are we allowing that to happen, do we hold nothing sacred anymore? I will admit that I am naive to a lot of things, and yes, I may not be the smartest person in the world, on many subjects, but even to me, this is wrong.

Thank you ALSAQR for bringing up this point.

I reject your reality and substitute my own...

Old 09-24-2007, 03:15 PM   #4

Ahmadinejad's reason for being in New York is to speak at the UN. If that organization was elsewhere, we wouldn't have to worry about his visit. But since our politicians sold their souls to the globalist body...

Member GCO

Old 09-24-2007, 05:38 PM   #5

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

If they are such strong supporters of free speech, then why not allow students to have an ROTC program, allow recruiters, etc?

Old 09-24-2007, 06:19 PM   #6

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

"Iranian President in New York"

Perfect time to whack him. Save the taxpayers a few hundred billion in another war thats sure to happen. God made people like him for us to shoot at. Bill T.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck View Post
If they are such strong supporters of free speech, then why not allow students to have an ROTC program, allow recruiters, etc?
You can't have that. I would make sense.

Member GCO

Old 09-24-2007, 10:50 PM   #8
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunchBox View Post
All I can say is NO! How is that permissible? How are we allowing that to happen, do we hold nothing sacred anymore? I will admit that I am naive to a lot of things, and yes, I may not be the smartest person in the world, on many subjects, but even to me, this is wrong.

Thank you ALSAQR for bringing up this point.
Part of the problem is our refusal to name the enemy. "Terror" is a tactic, not an enemy.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Part of the problem is our refusal to name the enemy. "Terror" is a tactic, not an enemy.
Tell that to King George and the neo-tools.

Member GCO

Old 09-25-2007, 05:12 PM   #10
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Tell that to King George and the neo-tools.
I have. Well, I have indirectly by calling, faxing and emailing.

Bush refuses to cite Islamic tenets found in the Koran as being incompatible with what we would term conventional civilization. He has a fear that if a holy war with Islam were to begin, we in the collective West (including Japan, Australia, Israel, Europe, and the Americas) would lose.

Personally, I have reason to disagree.