Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Iran has our drone ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 10:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 859 Times on 622 Posts
Likes Given: 482

Default Iran has our drone ...

Iran releases video of downed U.S. spy drone

Really guys , you can invent a million dollar r/c spy plane but cant put a device to fry the electronics or self destruct when its captured ? Better yet let them capture it and while they are googling over it press the big red button and laugh
Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.
Blessed is the man who's quiver is full
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-08-2011, 10:27 PM   #2
fmj

Liked 748 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 306

really its pretty simple.

The industrial military complex has to have ways to continue bilking BILLIONS out of the tax paying.

NOW they can "but we need X more billions to reinvent newer and better because now the iranians and chinese have our "old" technology."

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 12-08-2011, 10:41 PM   #3

Liked 859 Times on 622 Posts
Likes Given: 482

Ohhh , they will have to kill the black hawk since pakistanies have one from the Bin laden raid .
IM still a fan of blowing it up after they have captured it . Oh whats this block of c-4 they have here in the tail for ? A still working camera would make it priceless

Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.
Blessed is the man who's quiver is full
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:58 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1455 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 1209

A ‘secret’ drone falls into Iran in almost perfect condition.

. . . I'd suggest things are not what they seem to be.

Last edited by Vincine; 12-08-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:33 PM   #5
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post

yeah, these were my thoughts as well....filed under "things that make one go HMMMmmmmmmmmm?!?"

Old 12-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #6
bkt

Liked 1302 Times on 661 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.

That is a rule I try to apply always. But I can't help but wonder, with Russia and China rattling their sabres in defense of Iran, if this "downed" drone isn't part of a bigger plan to bring us a little closer to (yet another) war.

War is big business. Big war is bigger business. A global conflict would mean huge money to some.

After all, what else could cure the economic crises? (Well, lots of other things would cure it, but none of those things are appealing to those currently pulling the strings.)

Old 12-08-2011, 11:52 PM   #7

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

They said on Fox that it broke down & because of the design of the drone it sailed to the ground. I call BS on this one.

Sounds like it got hacked to me.
I never really fully understood why the military spent so much money on military tech. Did they think nothing would get shot down or hacked? That one drone cost 20 million.

Ron Paul for prezzzzz.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:54 PM   #8
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.

That is a rule I try to apply always. But I can't help but wonder, with Russia and China rattling their sabres in defense of Iran, if this "downed" drone isn't part of a bigger plan to bring us a little closer to (yet another) war.

War is big business. Big war is bigger business. A global conflict would mean huge money to some.

After all, what else could cure the economic crises? (Well, lots of other things would cure it, but none of those things are appealing to those currently pulling the strings.)
I have to believe the days of big wars saving the economy are long gone.

WWII we actually had a manufacturing industry, we had a textile industry etc.

today all we have is debt!

America is the biggest third world nation in the world. The ONLY things we export are jobs, education and money! EVERYTHING else is imported.

How eager will China bee to bankroll a war against themselves??

Old 12-09-2011, 01:07 AM   #9

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine

I agree, even though our government may seem retarded at times, I find it completely plausible that there is something behind this. I once read a book that explained a scenario where America's enemy (which in this book just so happened to be Iran) had almost figured out how a certain plane avoided their sidewinders and AA missiles and a decision was made to fake a mechanical failure and have the pilot eject, allowing the plane to crash land in decent condition that held a technology that was similar, but had some minor differences that led the Iranian inspectors in the wrong direction, thus allowing the Americans to continue evading missiles while the Iranians were left scratching their heads wondering why their missiles wouldn't track. See any parallels? P.S. The author is Stephen Coonts.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:20 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1455 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 1209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiahunter View Post
I agree, even though our government may seem retarded at times, I find it completely plausible that there is something behind this. . . . . The author is Stephen Coonts.
Shush! Now you've ruined it! Blabber mouth!! (Do you think they read Stephen Coots in Iran?)