Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > IQ Test

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 07:00 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar.1 Period,2 comma, 3 colon, 4 semicolon, 5 dash, 6 hyphen, 7 apostrophe, 8 question mark, 9 exclamation point, quotation mark, 10 brackets, 11 parenthesis, 12 braces, and 13 ellipses.

So what is the fourteenth one?

`
/
:
;
'
"
[
]
!

Punctuation

1. apostrophe ( ’ ' )
2. brackets (( )), ([ ]), ({ }), (< >)
3. colon ( : )
4. comma ( , )
5. dashes ( ‒, –, —, ― )
6. ellipses ( …, ... )
7. exclamation mark ( ! )
8. full stop/period ( . )
9. guillemets ( « » )
10. hyphen ( -, ‐ )
11. question mark ( ? )
12. quotation marks ( ‘ ’, “ ” )
13. semicolon ( ; )
14. slash/stroke ( / )
15. solidus ( ⁄ )

You really are slow at work, huh?

Well done my young scholar.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:26 PM   #12

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Not slow today. I have torn down two complete computer labs and boxed them up. Filmed a 2nd grade play and set up the A/V for the D.A.R.E graduation and watched a bit of a movie while getting the projector tuned just right. Helped 3 teachers give math test in the computer lab.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:13 PM   #13
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

The spectators can see who's winning a horse race.

Fail!
That's incorrect. No race is won until the finish line has been crossed, therefore no one is ever "winning". Someone or something can be in the lead which may or may not be an indicator of the final outcome; plenty of races have been lost in the last (fractions of a) second.

The question is bogus: there are several sports where neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or outcome 'til it's over.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:35 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
That's incorrect. No race is won until the finish line has been crossed, therefore no one is ever "winning". Someone or something can be in the lead which may or may not be an indicator of the final outcome; plenty of races have been lost in the last (fractions of a) second.

The question is bogus: there are several sports where neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or outcome 'til it's over.
Poker is the same.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:20 PM   #15

Liked 1021 Times on 605 Posts
Likes Given: 317

I thought about Poker, but unless your talking about a game of 1 hand, you can see how many chips your opponents have and on TV the viewer knows players hands(although its previously recorded not live)

As for horse racing, you can't see who is "winning" but you can see who is in the "lead" and that person would be the "leader" as the question states. Although the same might be able to be said about boxing, you might not know the score but sometimes you know who the leader is.

It's just not a scientific question its opinonated.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 06-09-2009, 10:30 PM   #16

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

Not in a photo finish!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:02 PM   #17

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

OMG fighting is the only sport you don't know anything until it is done but KO, TKO, Submission, or judges. Horse racing is for sissys and short people. Poker is for fat people who like the chat on themselves or urinate on themselves. Since when is poker even a dam sport, a bunch of fat guys or guys in overly big sunglasses SIT ON THEIR Collective AZZEZ and do nothing but talk smack. OHHHHHHHHHH really I sport requires you to be in good physical condition and have some kind of skill other than sitting real still and making no facial expressions. GIVE ME A BREAK..... Before you know we are going to have couch potatoting as an olympic sport. Lets see who can sit on a couch for the longes time with out getting up to eat, drink, or use the restroom. YAHHHHHHH

Old 06-10-2009, 02:10 PM   #18

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
I'll have to check with the judges on that one...
Yes the UFC will be an acceptable response.
I am going to have to over rule that, because the correct answer is MMA. UFC is a brand of MMA, but it is NOT the ONLY BRAND.

MMA would be an acceptable answer.

I had seen this before, and while I don't remember my score, I know the punctuation thing kicked my ass as did the fruit with the seeds on the outside. Most of the common ones, like Niagra and Boxing, I knew....

JD

Old 06-10-2009, 02:57 PM   #19

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:

Fail!
If this is your argument, then boxing isn't the answer either. Some fights without KOs, you can obviously tell who the winner is going to be from how the boxers performed.

Since everything is a sport these days, add chess as an answer.

Quote:
3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?
Chives are perennials. The only reason I know this is because I watched Gran Turino last night. Awesome movie BTW. That is the only one I know without looking anything up. But upon doing so, I found radicchio, horseradish, egyptian onion, bunching onions, garlic, sweet potatoes, yams, Jerusalem artichokes, sorrel, and capsicum species (if the bush is large enough), are all perennial vegetables.

Nice quiz. Don't you love how firearmstalk.com takes any information thrown at it and tears it a new one??