Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad apps (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/iphone-ipod-touch-ipad-apps-38426/)

cpttango30 02-13-2011 09:30 PM

iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad apps

Post some apps that you like.

I found a police scanner app that works great. Also love the NASA app and the Starwalker app.

CourtJester 02-13-2011 09:37 PM

I dont have an i-anything. I'm just posting here because you said that we should in a previous post today.

cpttango30 02-13-2011 11:50 PM

Post them up for androids as well. I am getting a Droid X soon....But now that I have an ipod touch I am really thinking of getting the iPhone on verizon.....

Yunus 02-14-2011 01:45 AM

Latitude is pretty freaking awesome. It shares your gps location with those you allow. When your trying to meet up with someone in an unfamiliar place it's like something out of the movies.

Cardstar is a good app and available for Iphone and Droid. It displays a barcode on your screen so you don't have to carry all those grocery cards and stupid "savings" cards in your wallet. I find that it works better with a handheld scanner than at the self check outs where you scan it against a surface.

BJCP - they make it for Droid and Iphone. It goes into detail on all the BJCP classes of beer, a must have for any beer judge.

AngryBirds - It's addictive!

CourtJester 02-14-2011 01:57 AM

I have a blackberry and all the only app I've down loaded was CNN and weatherbug and that was only because they were free.

dnthmn2004 02-14-2011 02:05 AM

All from my Android powered EVO. You can find some apps for both Android and iStuff.

Just some favorites, alphabetically

Air Control, Angry Birds, Barcode Scanner, Brewzor (if you brew), Google Earth, Goggles, Google Sky Map, Instant Heart Rate, RealCalc, Rocket Bunnies, Scanner Radio (you have it?), Tank Hero.

Dillinger 02-14-2011 02:16 AM

What I need is a god damn app that will allow me to respond to FTF from my iPad as I can not currently do so.

Anyone?!?

dnthmn2004 02-14-2011 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 444714)
What I need is a god damn app that will allow me to respond to FTF from my iPad as I can not currently do so.

Anyone?!?

Get Flash® :p. Or get our admin to create an app like he did for HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community..

Dillinger 02-14-2011 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 (Post 444720)
Get Flash® :p.

Is this a standard Apple App? I am NEW to ANYTHING Apple, so I am stumbling my way through.

I just want to read and respond via my iPad instead of the heavy assed laptop....

dnthmn2004 02-14-2011 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 444754)
Is this a standard Apple App? I am NEW to ANYTHING Apple, so I am stumbling my way through.

I just want to read and respond via my iPad instead of the heavy assed laptop....

Oh, um.... it was a joke... PLEASE DON'T BAN ME!!!

Apple doesn't support Flash. All of Mr. Jobs creations uses HTML5.

My EVO (and other droid devices) has Flash. I can check my email from my start page, see whos replied to what I've subscribed, and the link takes me straight to the thread, resizes it to whatever i pinch-zoom. I can tell you its pretty damn fast :rolleyes: