Iphone case suggestions? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Iphone case suggestions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 12:05 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I've tried tons of them. My work is extremely rugged and I've found that the best case if you really want to protect it is the griffin survivor. My co workers I phone took a spill from 30ft onto concrete and didn't skip a beat. Mine has fallen into about a foot of water briefly. Its still alive and well. The inner box is very well sealed and most all of the dust just collects between the plastic enclosure and the rubber outer case. What I like about it more than the otter box is that it is sealed up. All of the ports seal tight so you don't get dust in the charge port, headphone jack, camera etc. they can be had on eBay for about $30. Typing is a little challenging at first but you get used to it.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:21 AM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I tried all kinds of cases for my phone. The defender, the lifeproof, and others. I returned them all and ordered a magpul case. I've dropped my phone countless times and it is fine.

I work construction and the defender allowed dust into the case and scratched the metal sides. The lifeproof didn't allow dust in but the screen protector was horrible.

In the end using the magpul case with some front and back screen protectors added has served me well.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:36 AM   #13

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLKmiester
I tried all kinds of cases for my phone. The defender, the lifeproof, and others. I returned them all and ordered a magpul case. I've dropped my phone countless times and it is fine.

I work construction and the defender allowed dust into the case and scratched the metal sides. The lifeproof didn't allow dust in but the screen protector was horrible.

In the end using the magpul case with some front and back screen protectors added has served me well.
And the magpul case is only $10

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 06-15-2012, 12:50 AM   #14

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray

And the magpul case is only $10
My fiancée has the Magpul Executive case, and I have the standard Magpul case, I've dropped my iPhone off our balcony smack dab onto the driveway below, not a scratch/dent or crack. Honestly the best way to go, IMO, is a Magpul or Oakley case (their 3G/3GS O-Matter case is/was AMAZING!!), and a ZAGG Invisible Shield screen protector. Great thing about the screen protector, if for some reason it gets messed up or you have to take it off because you got a new phone, contact them and they'll send you a new one at no extra cost except for S&H. You're looking at roughly $10 for the case, and $30-$35 for the screen protector, well worth it if you ask me. Hope it helps ya out in your decision making.

Old 06-15-2012, 04:40 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I will have to check out this magpul case.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #16

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
I will have to check out this magpul case.
If it helps make up your mind, they do offer the case in hot pink, I'm just saying lol