Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Iphone apps (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/iphone-apps-55957/)

Hectocotylus 01-21-2012 02:22 AM

Iphone apps

What are your favorite firearms related apps? Aside from firearmstalk of course. :)

theropinfool 01-21-2012 02:46 AM

I have one called "Ballistic." It allows you to enter your own data (bullet BC, fps, atmosphere) or allows you to use factory loads to calculate your trajectory, energy, wind drift, etc. it cost $9.99 on the app store (don't know if there is an android version) I use it all the time.

kaido 01-21-2012 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theropinfool
I have one called "Ballistic." It allows you to enter your own data (bullet BC, fps, atmosphere) or allows you to use factory loads to calculate your trajectory, energy, wind drift, etc. it cost $9.99 on the app store (don't know if there is an android version) I use it all the time.

You know, I might actually grab that app when I buy something other then a .22LR.

My favourite app is "igunpro"
Basically let's you read the history of firearm you pick.
That don't have a wack load on it right now, but they have a good selection of them. Pretty sure it was either free or 99cents.

Hectocotylus 01-21-2012 04:59 AM

Cool I have the surefire shot timer tried it out today works pretty good after calibrating for each type of round

sharpshot 01-23-2012 02:35 AM

The application CCW Concealed Carry 50 State Guide is a decent app.
It shows state reciprocity, current carry restrictions, and state license information.
It's updated fairly often and is a great guide for the interstate traveler.

Be well!

Considering the consequences is never wasted time.

BullseyePrecision 01-27-2012 03:48 AM

There is one that shows you all FFL's in your area.

XxChino13xX 01-27-2012 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theropinfool

I haven't gotten to use this app yet, I bought it and then my scope kicked the bucket on my .308 last year. Glad to hear its a good program though, makes me want to get a new scope and get back out to the range ASAP.

partdeux 01-27-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharpshot (Post 686153)
The application CCW Concealed Carry 50 State Guide is a decent app.
It shows state reciprocity, current carry restrictions, and state license information.
It's updated fairly often and is a great guide for the interstate traveler.

Be well!

Just pulled it up, it's not rated all that great :( I may still DL it and see what it says about MI laws, which are extremely quirky.

sharpshot 01-28-2012 04:10 AM

Partdeux,

I believe you will find the application useful even though the rating is a little less than great. Each state has info for its governing body if current verification is necessary. Each state law should be researched if traveling to that state because varying interpretations always abound.

Be well!