Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > iPhone Applications

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default iPhone Applications

There is new iPhone app called MiGuns. The app lets the user build a database of their gun collection. What's nice is you include a photo of your gun.

I have seen a Ballistic Calculators for the iPhone, does anyone know of any other iPhone/iPod application?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-15-2010, 05:21 PM   #2

Liked 1403 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Welcome and why don't you hop over to the Introductions section and tell us a little about yourself.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-15-2010, 11:45 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Why would anyone put a database of their guns on their phone? Nobody (except the Lovely Mrs) needs to know everything we've got.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:27 PM   #4

Default MiGuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Why would anyone put a database of their guns on their phone? Nobody (except the Lovely Mrs) needs to know everything we've got.
A sheriff told me that when a home is robbed that go for anything that it worth money. So if you keep your list on your computer is will probably disappear along with your gun collection.

The is now a FREE versions of MiGuns. It's the same as the full version but limits the amount of weapons you can load into the database.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:57 AM   #5

Great point. Mobile inventory and stored to the iCloud is extra recovery jic.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMarksman View Post
Great point. Mobile inventory and stored to the iCloud is extra recovery jic.
Most people seem to paranoid about putting there info on their iPhone, iPod or iPad, but if you think about it, it makes sense because my phone is always with me. And if the app has a strong security feature, you are safe.

I'm not sure about other mobile weapon databases, but I know that MiGuns has password protection, and security lock-out features to prevent anyone getting into the database without permission.

Also with Apples free "Find My Phone" feature, you can lock the whole phone remotely or even delete all the data remotely. Know that's what I all SECURE!

Old 11-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #7

I completely agree with you RBtMartin.

Your phone is with you all the time. Plus by having on hand it reminds you to get out and using them more often.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:46 AM   #8
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 431 Times on 231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbtMartin View Post
There is new iPhone app called MiGuns. The app lets the user build a database of their gun collection. What's nice is you include a photo of your gun.

I have seen a Ballistic Calculators for the iPhone, does anyone know of any other iPhone/iPod application?
That's just great, let them know exactly what you have and where. You will be the first disarmed, since they can find everything easy.

I will keep my list where I keep it. Sure I have posted some on here. But that is just a few.

They are not going to find all mine so easily.

Have fun.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #9

Default MiGuns App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
That's just great, let them know exactly what you have and where. You will be the first disarmed, since they can find everything easy.

I will keep my list where I keep it. Sure I have posted some on here. But that is just a few.

They are not going to find all mine so easily.

Have fun.
To each his own...Everyone has their own level of comfort.

"They would have to pry it from from my cold dead hand"
Charlton Heston