Intro Nazis
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Intro Nazis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 11:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default Intro Nazis

So why do some of us respond to every new post from someone with "Hop on over to the Intro section and we'll take you seriously"? I never posted anything in the intro section and nobody said that to me. I've never read anything in the intro column. Maybe I'm shallow but I don't care where you live, don't care whether you have 3 kids or a cat, are gay, straight, or celibate. I'm interested in your thoughts on various aspects of firearms and life. Some people here I'd like to meet, some I'd go 300 miles to avoid. I've formed these impressions from their stated thoughts, not a puff piece of "Hi, I'm ....".
So, if you want to ignore or discount any of my maunderings (some of which are eminently discountable) go ahead. I refuse to go to "Intros" and gas.

Last edited by freefall; 08-01-2010 at 11:35 PM. Reason: sp

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-01-2010, 11:46 PM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
So why do some of us respond to every new post from someone with "Hop on over to the Intro section and we'll take you seriously"? I never posted anything in the intro section and nobody said that to me. I've never read anything in the intro column. Maybe I'm shallow but I don't care where you live, don't care whether you have 3 kids or a cat, are gay, straight, or celibate. I'm interested in your thoughts on various aspects of firearms and life. Some people here I'd like to meet, some I'd go 300 miles to avoid. I've formed these impressions from their stated thoughts, not a puff piece of "Hi, I'm ....".
So, if you want to ignore or discount any of my maunderings (some of which are eminently discountable) go ahead. I refuse to go to "Intros" and gas.
That is fine. Courtesy, politeness and respect is not for everyone. Is it safe to assume that when you meet someone new, you don't offer a handshake or a "nice to meet you" either?

There is no prescribed info needed in a introduction, but forums have them because it is just good manners. I really don't care if someone wants to greet the forum in a respectful manner, but I will say that if someone just ignores being polite and civil, I tend to ignore their posts as well.

To each their own. People used to have mutual respect. Many folks these days won't even wave to a new neighbor. Maybe it is a sign of the times.

As for your take on the matter, it shows in your posts. That is my opinion. *shrug*

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 08-01-2010, 11:47 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3481 Times on 1610 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

One of the reasons you will frequently see me say something like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Welcome to the FTF Community. Some of our more regular members would like you to stop by the Introduction Section and let us know a little more about you. That is your choice.
Some members feel it's rude to forum etiquette to just jump right in and start asking questions of an experienced forum without sharing anything.

Some would prefer to know that the person asking questions is not some troll just looking to start some drama, or worse, a Leftist who is looking to incite some "radical" postings.

Personally, I just consider the introductions to be a way for everyone to get an idea about the poster. I don't believe anyone OWES me an introduction, but it is good manners.

To each his/her own....

Old 08-01-2010, 11:57 PM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

So I'm ignored, sneered at and talked about because I didn't give some personal information 2 years ago? Tells me quite a lot about the crowd here. Guess I have been ignorant and naive. I'll try to give you less to sneer at in the future.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:01 AM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3481 Times on 1610 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
So I'm ignored, sneered at and talked about because I didn't give some personal information 2 years ago? Tells me quite a lot about the crowd here. Guess I have been ignorant and naive. I'll try to give you less to sneer at in the future.
I don't feel that is an accurate representation of the forum here.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:01 AM   #6

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
See, now you are taking it personally. Tells me alot about you, since you asked for it by starting the thread...

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 08-02-2010, 12:03 AM   #7

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Tells me quite a lot about the crowd here. Guess I have been ignorant and naive. I'll try to give you less to sneer at in the future.
You might want to slow down on taking shots at the "crowd." A lot of work by the administrators, the moderators, and many of the supporting members has gone into making the forum what it is. If it's not your cup of tea, go somewhere else. Throwing insults around won't get you very far.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:04 AM   #8

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

So who deleted the post about ignoring, sneering, etc?

Old 08-02-2010, 12:04 AM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

IMO it seems to me that if a forum has an introduction section, it's only polite to post a small intro there.
Just a simple "Hello, new member checking in from ______" will suffice.
Nothing too personal or any credit card info required

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 08-02-2010, 12:08 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Whatever floats ur boat

there....all better now