Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Intro.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Intro.

Hey everybody, just signed up. I've been shooting once(Im 20, and mother is strongly anti-gun) and ever since have been itching to own firearm. Currently looking into a rifle I can hone some skills, accuracy, and responsibility with. Dad suggested a .22, and while I've taken his suggestion into consideration, I'm still doing my own research, and looking for other opinions so I can be as informed as possible when I do actually buy something.
Look forward to learning a lot from the people here.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-04-2010, 03:37 PM   #2

Forgot to add, I'm a lefty. It apparently mattered when I shot my dads .30

Old 09-04-2010, 04:57 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Welcome to the FTF community.

A .22 is an excellent way to start. It's very inexpensive to shoot, so you can practice a bunch.

BTW, there's a New Member Introduction forum, why don't you post your intro over there. You'll probably get a better response.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-04-2010, 05:12 PM   #4
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1992 Times on 1080 Posts
Likes Given: 716

I'll bet you dollars to donuts that one of your first 2 guns will be a .22. It's probably the only single common thread that everyone in the gun community can agree upon.

We'll argue all day about the comparative merits of 9mm vs .40 vs .45 vs .357, etc, etc, etc.

But you bring up .22lr and it's all "well of course, everyone has to have one of those."

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 09-04-2010, 06:54 PM   #5

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

You will never outgrow a good .22.

After many hundreds of guns I still love shooting a .22.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 09-04-2010, 07:00 PM   #6

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!

All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-06-2010, 03:05 AM   #7
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Farther always knows best, solid advice given by your Dad, thank him for it and ask what else he might know on the subject. I've learn a lot more from the people in my life than I will ever learn on the interweb.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 09-06-2010, 02:24 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Canebrake, do you have that post pasted into a document so you can just copy and paste it onto a new post?

Welcome to the boards jeep! I'm SL and I am also a young member of these boards (18). The people here are very kind and helpful. Some of them remind me of my father (from what I can tell by their posts) and that is a good thing.

Just be respectful as you always should and you will do just fine.
Also, a .22 is amazing. I can't remember how old I was when dad gave me my first .22. I do know that I have put thousands of rounds through it and I still love my first gun!
I own 2 more now, but the .22 beats them in probably the most important thing when it comes to recreational shooting.... cost of ammo!

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown