The Internet...Criminal Intent...or a Joke - Page 4

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Internet...Criminal Intent...or a Joke

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 671 Times on 313 Posts
Likes Given: 390

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Well the confusion comes into play in my own mind. I was thinking "bone collecter" instead of "Bag of Bones". My confusion. Sorry.
Ah….'The Bone Collector' (A Lincoln Rhyme Novel): Jeffery Deaver …

Also a great book!

Old 10-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #32

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis36

Ah….'The Bone Collector' (A Lincoln Rhyme Novel): Jeffery Deaver …

Also a great book!
I liked it. And of course the book was better than the movie. Almost always. I've seen exactly one movie better than the book, but I can't remember what it was.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:13 PM   #33

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

There was a university study done were a they emulated a prison. One group of students were inmates and another group were guards. One third of the guards abused their position of authority. One guard went as far as to lock a fellow student in a closet to punish him. Now these students were just playing a game compared to what an officer goes through in a day on the job.

I am quite certain that way more than one third of police officers abuse their authority after a few lessons from their warped colleagues and a few run ins with true butt-heads.

Quite a few officers let their authority go to their head. I have had some negative experiences with police officers that got personal. The only way the situation was resolved is when it was clear as day that I would do what ever it took to make them back off and I didn't give a damn about consequences.

I also know law enforcement officers I would gladly give my life so they could live another day. Their sacrifice and contributions to the community are so great that my sacrifice would be nothing more than a simple thank you.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-27-2012, 11:31 PM   #34

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
There was a university study done were a they emulated a prison. One group of students were inmates and another group were guards. One third of the guards abused their position of authority. One guard went as far as to lock a fellow student in a closet to punish him. Now these students were just playing a game compared to what an officer goes through in a day on the job.

I am quite certain that way more than one third of police officers abuse their authority after a few lessons from their warped colleagues and a few run ins with true butt-heads.

Quite a few officers let their authority go to their head. I have had some negative experiences with police officers that got personal. The only way the situation was resolved is when it was clear as day that I would do what ever it took to make them back off and I didn't give a damn about consequences.

I also know law enforcement officers I would gladly give my life so they could live another day. Their sacrifice and contributions to the community are so great that my sacrifice would be nothing more than a simple thank you.
What you wrote was interesting enough...not sure what you are responding to...maybe it's me

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.