Internet buying
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Internet buying

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Internet buying

Where's the best site for buying used firearms,I know there's classifieds here,but just wondering about any other trustworthy sites.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

It's not so much the site you have to worry about as it is more the individual seller.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

I have bought quite a few guns off gunbroker and never had a problem. Have window shopped at gunsamerica but never bought anything there. I live in Georgia and we have a free outdoor magazine called Georgia Outdoor News. They have a marketplace section on their site and I like to shop there because most everything on there is close enough I can go meet the seller and pick up the gun myself. www.gon.com/marketplace/

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Old 08-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

That's cool,the other issue I have is having an idea of what stuff is worth and i know that comes with time and experience,with the gov doin what it's doin makes it even tougher.at 53 you'd think I'd have an idea but not so much.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:51 PM   #5
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Assuming you're talking guns. If it is bought from a supplier you know what you paid for it and can figure what you can sell it for from there. If it is a gun someone is selling to you, you can go on an auction site and see what people are paying for them.
It's not hard.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Also you have to keep in mind that if you buy off the internet your going to have to figure in the cost of shipping which usually is $20/$40 plus unless you have a FFL your going to have to pay a local dealer which will be around $25. Also I can only speak for my dealer but he won't except a firearm from anyone but another FFL holder.

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis