Interesting shooting incident
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Interesting shooting incident

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 09:37 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5742 Times on 3366 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default Interesting shooting incident

Suspect In Northside Slaying Shoots Officer, Takes Own Life - Cincinnati News Story - WLWT Cincinnati

Suspect In Northside Slaying Shoots Officer, Takes Own Life
Officer's Helmet Hit By Bullets While Confronting Suspect
POSTED: 5:27 am EST December 7, 2009
UPDATED: 1:17 pm EST December 7, 2009
CINCINNATI -- Cincinnati police are investigating an apparent murder-suicide in Northside and praising a piece of protective gear that did its job Sunday night.

Officers said Kaniesha Dangerfield, 22, was found dead in a car at the Ashtree Apartments on Sunday afternoon.

Police Chief Tom Streicher said a man who was with Dangerfield saw Leetae Williams with a gun looking for the woman. Streicher said Williams approached, demanded that Dangerfield get out of the car, and when she didn't, Williams shot her through the car window.

The man with Dangerfield, a concealed weapons permit holder, pulled his gun and fired one shot at Williams before his gun jammed, then ran to find help.

Police cornered Williams, 28, in an apartment later Sunday evening.

As a SWAT unit entered the apartment, Streicher said Williams fired two shots blindly through a curtain, both shots hitting the right side of an officer's helmet.

Williams then retreated to a back room, where he shot and killed himself a short time later, police said.

The officer was not injured. He is on administrative leave, Streicher said.

Streicher showed the helmet to reporters Monday, pointing out the impact points and saying they believe one bullet is still embedded in the helmet's Kevlar lining.

Police said they are trying to determine the relationship between Williams and Dangerfield.Copyright 2009 by WLWT.com.

Obviously, i am glad the LEO's helmet worked. I do wonder what type of pistol the shooter used. I also obviously wonder what the CCW guy was carrying & what ammo, as it jammed after one shot (that probably bought him time to split).

If i were Officer Lucky, i'd mount that helmet on the wall in my livng room & raise a glass to it regularly.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-07-2009, 10:26 PM   #2

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 17

That is one seriously lucky LEO, he should buy a lotto tix.

At least the dirtbag had the common decency to off himself, though, should done himself in before he killed the chick and tried to kill a cop

Old 12-07-2009, 10:32 PM   #3

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Rates about a 9.8 on my Oh Sh!t "O" Meter!!

Old 12-08-2009, 01:19 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Scumsucking POS.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-08-2009, 11:06 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Those are some strange events. Thanks for posting.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:59 AM   #6

The jammed gun could have cost the CCW guy his life. I am very peticular about my carry gun. I put lots of rounds through it, and make sure I am completely familiar with every aspect of it's operation. I have had a couple of handguns that jam on occasion and these are sold or used for target practice, if the problem can't be found and corrected. I bet my life on my carry weapon, and while a malfunction can happen without warning I try to do everything in my power to assure it will not.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:03 PM   #7

I too would be interested in hearing more about the CCW holder. I bet you won't be hearing about him on any of the liberal news networks.
"It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who knows great enthusiasm, great devotion, and the triumph of achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails at least fails whilst daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those odd and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who have had to fight for it life has truly a flavour the protected shall never know."

Old 12-08-2009, 12:35 PM   #8
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 12463 Times on 5344 Posts
Likes Given: 2043

Ref: LEO buying a lottery ticket-

Naw. Not a good idea.
The good luck locker is empty right now- all used up.

Years back, there was an attempt in England to kidnap Princess Anne. Bad guy made it into the car. Their bodyguard got off one shot- when his pistol jammed. Bad guy shot the bodyguard. Stories like this explain why, when someone asks what ammo/handgun they should use for defense- any combination that will feed/fire 100.0000000% of the time.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #9

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

I really need to look into a big bore revolver.

Old 12-09-2009, 02:49 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5742 Times on 3366 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
I really need to look into a big bore revolver.
I have been thinking about a revolver to replace my .38 snubby. These seem like a good deal for me: Smith & Wesson Model 64 38Spl Stainless Steel, bobbed hammer. Very good condition
They don't look like jelly or jam.

I would like to hear more about the CCW guy, but were i him, i'd want to be anonymous.