Interesting Gun Store Employee - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Interesting Gun Store Employee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2014, 10:19 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 419 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 865

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
Every gun store I have been to in Florida has each employee open carrying on their belts. Also most of them, not all, but most don't want you carrying in the store.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk
Shootstraight is very friendly, and doesn't mind you carrying as long as your slide is back and the mag is out. Bolts open for rifles.

Old 05-11-2014, 01:23 AM   #22
hmh

Liked 140 Times on 96 Posts

Slide back mag out doesn't do much good. You might as well have a brick in your holster. Most of our shops if you are taking it in as a trade in then it needs to be cleared. If you are carrying just dont mess with it unless there is a reason.

Old 05-11-2014, 02:03 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 541 Times on 329 Posts
Likes Given: 215

Every gun shop I have been to in Texas, Oklahoma, or Florida the employees have always open carried and mostly it has been very "classy". Nothing Rambo like.

The one strange thing I have witnessed was a salesperson trying to sale my dad on a glock, and after I expressed that I had no love for that type of gun, he removed his from his hip and cleared it to show me everything he had done to it. I just thought "why buy a gun if you are going to spend just as much to 'fix' it up"

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

People Like This 
Old 05-11-2014, 03:20 AM   #24

Liked 419 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 865

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmh View Post
Slide back mag out doesn't do much good. You might as well have a brick in your holster. Most of our shops if you are taking it in as a trade in then it needs to be cleared. If you are carrying just dont mess with it unless there is a reason.
I know, but it's better than having it in a box. I keep a loaded mag in my back pocket at all times at the range.

Old 05-11-2014, 04:18 AM   #25

Liked 74 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Default Now that IS funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg
Here in Ohio, a guy was making a joke on his convenience store cashier girlfriend and said "Gimmee all your money or your dead!" And had three people draw on him. I was there and I didn't draw, but mine wasn't necessary to cause him to wet himself. Everyone decided he shouldn't joke like that again.
Perhaps not as he intended, but that's just plain funny.

Did I ever mention I really have little use for 'practical' jokes?

Finally back in the United States!
OIIOHH
See my blog at:
http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/

Old 05-11-2014, 11:46 AM   #26

Liked 988 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 636

I don't get the thing with carrying a gun to the range or shop, then you're restricted as to how you carry it, what you can do with it, don't touch it, etc. What's the point? Both of those settings should be the most gun-friendly places we could possibly go. Now, if they want to check you before they know you, and make sure you're not an idiot, or put restrictions on you because you are, fine. But putting a blanket restriction on it is like saying, "Go ahead and bring your race car to the track, but don't go ON the track with it, you might hit another car."

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

People Like This 
Old 05-11-2014, 11:15 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 871 Times on 526 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
My nearest LGS, all employees open carry. Discreet, but open (usually an IWB, but visible). However, they have been subject to an armed robbery. They are simply businesslike about it, and an understandable choice. Also one of the better shops I have dealt with.
But wait a minute, if a bad guy came into the store, he would shoot all the OC first, it's true, I read it on the internet

My fave gun store, the owner CC, and my fav sales guy OC. Never paid attention to what they were carrying.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:49 PM   #28

Liked 174 Times on 139 Posts
Likes Given: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks View Post
There is an LGS that I only make it to every couple weeks. The owner has one guy as a salesperson and he is a little different. Usually he carries a Taurus Judge and likes to tell everybody what a great carry gun it is.

Today I walk in and I just about bust a nut laughing. Today this guy is carrying pearl handle derringer strong side and a 4" Ruger GP100 crossdraw. He's got all of this on a leather belt with two speedloader pouches and two bullets in bullet loops.

Anybody else have a LGS guy that is a little over the top with the gear or gun selections?
While no criminal is probably stupid enough to rob a gun store, who knows?

There could always be a first.

Most gun store thefts are drive-up smash-in the door late night burglaries.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:50 PM   #29

Liked 174 Times on 139 Posts
Likes Given: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin1995 View Post
I know, but it's better than having it in a box. I keep a loaded mag in my back pocket at all times at the range.
Good idea. Never thought of that.

Probably will start doing that myself as well now.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:40 PM   #30

Liked 357 Times on 217 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
While no criminal is probably stupid enough to rob a gun store, who knows?

There could always be a first.

Most gun store thefts are drive-up smash-in the door late night burglaries.
a couple years ago a guy grabbed a shotgun off the used gun rack in one of our LGS, he ran out the door & tried to rob the tire shop across the street. he must've figured that would be easier than trying to rob the gun store with their own EMPTY shotgun

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

Axxe55 Likes This