Interesting Gun Store Employee
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Interesting Gun Store Employee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2014, 02:48 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 330 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Default Interesting Gun Store Employee

There is an LGS that I only make it to every couple weeks. The owner has one guy as a salesperson and he is a little different. Usually he carries a Taurus Judge and likes to tell everybody what a great carry gun it is.

Today I walk in and I just about bust a nut laughing. Today this guy is carrying pearl handle derringer strong side and a 4" Ruger GP100 crossdraw. He's got all of this on a leather belt with two speedloader pouches and two bullets in bullet loops.

Anybody else have a LGS guy that is a little over the top with the gear or gun selections?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-10-2014, 03:23 AM   #2

Liked 625 Times on 372 Posts
Likes Given: 1659

Buddy of mine at a LGS carries a Glock 20 10mm. Not crazy (nothing like your guy), but uncommon.

Old 05-10-2014, 03:25 AM   #3

Liked 625 Times on 372 Posts
Likes Given: 1659

So if we call the overly tactical guy a "Tactical Timmy", What do we call this guy?
Un-Tactical Timmy?......maybe?..

Old 05-10-2014, 03:29 AM   #4

Liked 2202 Times on 1296 Posts
Likes Given: 479

Wonder-Fudd.

Old 05-10-2014, 03:30 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8885 Times on 3847 Posts
Likes Given: 1391

Why, bust my britches- it's Two Gun Timmy!

Of course, one must be mindful of George Patton's observation on who would carry a pearl handled pistol.....

"Son, only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries pearl handled revolvers, these are ivory." (Upon being asked by an American reporter where he got his "pearl" handled revolvers)

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Last edited by c3shooter; 05-10-2014 at 03:35 AM.
People Like This 
Old 05-10-2014, 03:51 AM   #6

Liked 357 Times on 217 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I'm not sure I've ever seen a gun store employee openly carry to be honest

there's a couple employees in one of the stores here, no matter what gun you're looking at, they have that one too. except theirs is stainless or has a thumbhole stock, camo, crazy expensive scope, etc.

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

Old 05-10-2014, 03:55 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8885 Times on 3847 Posts
Likes Given: 1391

My nearest LGS, all employees open carry. Discreet, but open (usually an IWB, but visible). However, they have been subject to an armed robbery. They are simply businesslike about it, and an understandable choice. Also one of the better shops I have dealt with.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Pasquanel Likes This 
Old 05-10-2014, 04:10 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1970 Times on 1366 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

I think it was probably salesmanship. Drawing attention, showing off good looking guns and accessories.

Old 05-10-2014, 10:41 AM   #9
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3176 Times on 2157 Posts
Likes Given: 689

I don't go into the two shops the Gouge folks anymore( one pawn and one Gun Shop), but in the Gunshop, one of the workers has a revolver on each hip, Crossdraw( one 4" and one 2.5"). In the Pawn Shop, the store manager carries an 8" revolver in a shoulder rig. When he bends over to look in the glass case he stands in front of, the bottom of the grip hits the glass case, LOUDLY!! Again, since these shops Gouge folks out of money, they care not that people can see the orig. Price they paid at Wally World, scratched out with marker ink, and a new price 2-3x the cost is written instead.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
dango Likes This 
Old 05-10-2014, 11:11 AM   #10
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1326 Times on 695 Posts
Likes Given: 608

I hadn't thought about it until this thread, but I have experienced a funny inconsistency. In Kalifornia, every LGS and pawn shop I visited had EVERY employee carrying, usually in a strong-side belt holster, most IWB. Even the gals in the check-cashing cage were armed and carrying on their person. Here in Ohio, LGS go unarmed, at least as far as carrying on their body, or else they are CCW. I have only seen one LGS employee/owner open carrying. The pawn shops in Ohio sell guns, but it have not seen an employee armed.

Interesting disparity, isn't it? It's probably because, since Kalifornians are generally unarmed in public, the criminals are bolder and expect to be able to use weapons to fleece the sheep. Here in Ohio, a guy was making a joke on his convenience store cashier girlfriend and said "Gimmee all your money or your dead!" And had three people draw on him. I was there and I didn't draw, but mine wasn't necessary to cause him to wet himself. Everyone decided he shouldn't joke like that again.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

People Like This