Installed windows 7 on my desktop and it works great!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Installed windows 7 on my desktop and it works great!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2009, 06:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 41 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Installed windows 7 on my desktop and it works great!

I had a free version of windows vista on my desktop for the last two years and it worked pretty decent then yesterday I noticed a free version of windows seven on piratebay so I downloaded it and installed it and it works great. I installed the 32 bit version of it and after install it automatically installed all the drivers for all my hardware including my printer. My computer boots twice as fast and runs so much faster. windows 7 is what windows vista is supposed to be!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-01-2009, 02:42 AM   #2
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1851 Times on 1063 Posts
Likes Given: 3814

I have to stay with XP Pro / Home versions - laptop and desktop are P4! The other portable mini Acer is 1 gig memory, XP only! I have checked already for windows 7.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:51 AM   #3

I dont know y people dont like vista, it hasnt failed me once. I'm on an ancient Dell machine I upgraded myself and everything is just great. But I am one for technology so I wanna look into 7.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:09 AM   #4

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

My 1 week old vista pc is already back in Best Buy to get fixed. After shutting down the pc for the evening when we go to start up the next morning it would not boot until I crashed the system and pulled the plug out of the PSU.

My XP systems run fast and smooth. My laptop has SUSE linux and Win XP.

The biggest problem with any windows OS is the registry. The registry gets clogged up over time even using a reg cleaner. The more programs you install and uninstall the more entries are made in the registry. When you uninstall a program it leaves entries in the registry. At least once every six months I back up all my files and reinstall windows.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:58 AM   #5

Windows 7 is the new Windows that's 10 times better than Vista....goes back to basics and makes Windows almost king again.....if I still used it.

I'm a macintosh user now.

Old 09-01-2009, 04:28 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Windows 7 is the new XP

Old 09-01-2009, 05:55 AM   #7
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I dumped Vista and went back to XP pro. It would be nice if 7 is a quality upgrade, I'll wait to see.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.