Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Instagram.... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/instagram-88574/)

fupuk 04-10-2013 08:28 PM

Instagram....

Just wondering if anybody from the forum is on Instagram? My wife has been on it for a while and I just started mine yesterday.

Jagermeister 04-10-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fupuk (Post 1209766)
Just wondering if anybody from the forum is on Instagram? My wife has been on it for a while and I just started mine yesterday.

What is it?

fupuk 04-10-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagermeister (Post 1209790)

What is it?

Its basically you post pictures and your friends can comment.

DrumJunkie 04-10-2013 09:54 PM

I've not used it but have seen some of the youngins on it. I've not seen thewir TOS so I'm not sure about security but if it wqas a friend only deal on posted pix (or could set that way) then it might be pretty cool.

SRK97 04-10-2013 09:59 PM

stevenk97 if you want to friend me.

fupuk 04-10-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumJunkie (Post 1209808)
I've not used it but have seen some of the youngins on it. I've not seen thewir TOS so I'm not sure about security but if it wqas a friend only deal on posted pix (or could set that way) then it might be pretty cool.

Im probally one of the youngins your talking about, im 24 but it seems like a good way to stay in touch with people that I know but dont live near to them. And the fine people on this forum.

fupuk 04-10-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRK97 (Post 1209810)
stevenk97 if you want to friend me.

Defenitly will.

DrumJunkie 04-10-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fupuk (Post 1209868)
Im probally one of the youngins your talking about, im 24 but it seems like a good way to stay in touch with people that I know but dont live near to them. And the fine people on this forum.

Actually I was shooting a little younger than you but you are half my age. :o
I don't have near the paranoia over social medial that many my age do. Being I'm a computer geek of sorts myself I do love to play around on the net. I do advise people though they they should use any security features available to help keep prying eyes out of what is not their business.

c3shooter 04-11-2013 02:02 PM

Not a computer geek (can recognize a computer after I fall over it 2 out of 3 tries)

However, have serious concerns about social media sites, such as Facebook. Frankly their own internal security sucks. I stay in touch w/ some of my grandkids thru them, and the accounts seem to get hacked once a week. I do use LinkedIn professionally, and they are a little better (not much)

As said, use the controls- and pay attention to what you put out there....

The internet is like herpes- it does not go away.