Insane legal question
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Insane legal question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 05:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default Insane legal question

Some of you know, I'm all about Japanese cinema.

One of my favorites is the Lone Wolf and Cub series, a ronin travels the country assassinating for money.

He is accompanied by his toddler son, whom he pushes in a wooden baby cart. The cart is loaded with weapons.

So here's the question. One of the weapons is a Gatling style gun that pops out the front, and fires full auto. For the period, it would have to be black powder.

If one were to attempt to replicate this baby cart for giggles, and crafted it by hand, is such a monstrosity legal?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-08-2009, 06:00 PM   #2

What a great question!!

I too am a fan of Japanese films, although I am more of a Gojira man by nature.

I would think that if you could get a licence for full auto CC (is there such a thing?) you might pull it off. But if the kid is in there when you pull the trigger, CPS will be all over you!

Regards, Canis

Old 07-08-2009, 06:14 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

The thing is, no FFL is required for muzzle loaders. A serious FFL is required for an auto. It's legal to buy those duckfoot derringer pistols, which dump all three barrels simultaneously.

This is a crazy gray area. If the hypothetical gun in question had 8 barrels, would having them fire simultaneously then be a non automatic firearm?

Old 07-08-2009, 06:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
The thing is, no FFL is required for muzzle loaders. A serious FFL is required for an auto. It's legal to buy those duckfoot derringer pistols, which dump all three barrels simultaneously.

This is a crazy gray area. If the hypothetical gun in question had 8 barrels, would having them fire simultaneously then be a non automatic firearm?
Oh! I was picturing an actual gattling gun that fired in succession.

That is a crazy grey area.

Maybe you could do and end run around the problem by training the baby to fire it on command. If the baby gets in trouble, at least his record would be cleared when he turns 18.

Last edited by caniswalensis; 07-08-2009 at 07:02 PM.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:34 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Some of you know, I'm all about Japanese cinema.

One of my favorites is the Lone Wolf and Cub series, a ronin travels the country assassinating for money.

He is accompanied by his toddler son, whom he pushes in a wooden baby cart. The cart is loaded with weapons.

So here's the question. One of the weapons is a Gatling style gun that pops out the front, and fires full auto. For the period, it would have to be black powder.

If one were to attempt to replicate this baby cart for giggles, and crafted it by hand, is such a monstrosity legal?

Dude...you just described Shogun Assassin. JD's been given me grief for that movie since I posted a quote from it two months ago.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:04 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2831 Times on 1480 Posts
Likes Given: 251

Muzzle loaders are not regulated. A full auto muzzle loader would not even be a firearm under Federal law and therefor not subject to the NFA regs.

That's just my opinion, I am not a lawyer and I have never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 07-08-2009, 07:32 PM   #7

Liked 1152 Times on 690 Posts
Likes Given: 362

There's another thread around here that someone was asking about felons and muzzleloaders and I'm pretty sure it was mentioned that just because there is no background check does not mean it is not a firearm. It still is a firearm its just not a regulated firearm. Which to me means that it would become a class III weapon if you configured multiple cartridges to be fired at one time.

Also if this is a weapon designed to be disquised as a Baby cart it might be regulated for that reason.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Last edited by Yunus; 07-08-2009 at 07:34 PM.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:35 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Are there muzzle-loading double-barrel shotguns?

Old 07-08-2009, 07:40 PM   #9

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Are there muzzle-loading double-barrel shotguns?
Yes, there are.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 07-09-2009, 04:05 AM   #10

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
Dude...you just described Shogun Assassin. JD's been given me grief for that movie since I posted a quote from it two months ago.
Shogun Assassin is portions of the 4 Lone Wolf and Cub movies that some director spliced together to rake in on it's success.

So since some double barrel shotguns can discharge both barrels simultaneously, why is it not NFA? Is there a clear definition somewhere?