infotech's morale patch design thread
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > infotech's morale patch design thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 07:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1423 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default infotech's morale patch design thread

3/20/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech View Post
I wanted to ask, is the muscle bullet graphic your design or something you found? I like it and would like to have some morale patches for the troops designed using it.
The graphic in question:

It's on lend-lease from somewhere????

Let me work on an original with the same sentiment and I will gladly release it to you for this worthy cause!

I need the weekend for the work.

I'll get back to you Monday!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Last edited by canebrake; 03-25-2009 at 12:18 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-23-2009, 08:04 PM   #2

It's Bullet Bill from the Super Mario series....would make sense to make a patch out of it though.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:10 PM   #3

After thinking about the importance of this endeavor I decided not to attempt it with my hack-talent at best, and handed the project over to my son Jeremy. (He's NOT a hack but does this professionally so I contacted the programmer cave for help!)

We (Jeremy and I) decided that this was not "OUR" project but yours (infotech's) and rather than present a finished product he would do a draft and have you suggest the next step.

Here is the foundation;

Nothing is sacred so critic away. Thoughts are the yellow is really to be embroidered in 'brass' color thread not yellow. Arms are being worked on but with more muscle cuts.

What do you (and the forum) think?

Will there be any copy on the patch?

We need to make this an EPIC patch!

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

- orangello

Old 03-23-2009, 09:55 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default My 2 cents...

I like the concept...

I've seen alot of moral patches made from the Punisher Skull emblem...

Old 03-24-2009, 12:57 AM   #5

Black seems better to me because with Gold...sometimes it won't go good with all uniforms.

Keep the old design with Muscle bound popeye arms.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:10 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I like the teeth, and the idea of the brass coloring. I think I like the eyes on the original a little better. Interested to see it with the arms.

Great job.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 03-24-2009, 11:35 PM   #7

What can I say other than that is awesome? What i had in mind was to have several variations of patch designs with the central theme being the "angry bullet guy" but I am a bit worried about a trademark violation. It would probably have to at least 10% different unless it's been around long enough to be "public domain". It's also possible the "character was not trademarked by the video game co or was not eligible for trademark.

I like the color also but if I have it made into an ACU patch or SWAT patch it will be converted to those colors with black / gray being primary.

I have a lot of ideas for designs using "Mr Bullet" aka "Mr Rowland" ....

‘‘War clouds were gathering rapidly. The sending of more than 3,000 British army regulars under Maj. Gen. Thomas Gage to Boston further exacerbated the imperial rift. When a column of these troops under Lt. Col. Francis Smith moved into the countryside to collect arms and munitions gathered by the patriot militia, hostilities erupted at Lexington and Concord on Apr. 19, 1775.’’ - The American Revolution Begins

Old 03-25-2009, 12:16 AM   #8

Quote:
What can I say other than that is awesome? What i had in mind was to have several variations of patch designs with the central theme being the "angry bullet guy" but I am a bit worried about a trademark violation. It would probably have to at least 10% different unless it's been around long enough to be "public domain". It's also possible the "character was not trademarked by the video game co or was not eligible for trademark.

I like the color also but if I have it made into an ACU patch or SWAT patch it will be converted to those colors with black / gray being primary.
My son Jeremy just sent me version 2. He's excited about contributing to the whole morale 'support the troops' patch thingie.

He is doing this for you and the troops and will follow the thread looking for your (and all members') input.

With that said, jump in with any suggestions/changes you want. You don't need to draw what you want, just verbalize the changes and he will work like a police sketch artist.

As long as we are not in a big hurry and let him work at his pace, we can have a result that we all can be happy with and he will make the necessary changes to insure no Mario infringment!

Quote:
I have a lot of ideas for designs using "Mr Bullet" aka "Mr Rowland" ....
Mr.460 Rowland? I like that! But it will need to be a hollow point!

Speak up, now is the time while Jeremy is volunteering his time! (With a little arm twisting from the old man!)

Hey, I got his attention now, let's exercise his talent and maybe have him do a FTF patch!

- orangello

Old 03-25-2009, 12:37 AM   #9

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Great Idea Cane

This is the start to something BIG! Thank your Son so much for his time. I like the pic to have somewhat thinner upper arm attached to bullet, with the large forearm/clenched fist-my 2c. Thank you, and your Son again

NRA Life MEMBER 1976

Old 03-25-2009, 01:02 AM   #10

Here's the ACU version 3 patch:

What do you think?

- orangello