You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Indoor cat thinks she's a hunter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2017, 09:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 41 Times on 27 Posts

Default Indoor cat thinks she's a hunter

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1485077657.794088.jpgso I stuck her in the basement for hours hoping she would catch the damn thing. Just mowed and stood at the top waiting to come back in. Damn cat was a feral too. On the plus side my son who just turned one came do anything to the damn cat and she doesn't care.

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-22-2017, 11:32 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 11823 Times on 6230 Posts
Likes Given: 25161

Must be a *****cat

Old 01-22-2017, 03:31 PM   #3
The Balota's
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 11408 Times on 6761 Posts
Likes Given: 17000

That is so funny!!!

Old 01-22-2017, 06:18 PM   #4

Liked 727 Times on 374 Posts
Likes Given: 765

We have what used to be two feral barn cats. One (the female) is the hunter and is death on moles and birds (they took care of the mice quite a while back). The male (also the friendliest) mimics me: he's retired.

Neither would be good in the house and they are siblings. The male, though, certainly does like hanging out next to me in my man-cave near the barn. He even goes on walks with me around our 25-acre property - almost like my Fi (avatar) did.

The two of them seldom stray more than a 100 feet or so from the barn at night, and they love feeding time.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:56 AM   #5

Liked 41 Times on 27 Posts

Update the cat still sucks. Got another one( rat not cat) I would throw my dogs in the crawl space but there are nails through that floor boards would get them while searching. My Brits are the ones that me know there was an issue in the basement
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 01-23-2017, 01:37 PM   #6
The Balota's
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 11408 Times on 6761 Posts
Likes Given: 17000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJF22553 View Post
We have what used to be two feral barn cats. One (the female) is the hunter and is death on moles and birds (they took care of the mice quite a while back). The male (also the friendliest) mimics me: he's retired.

Neither would be good in the house and they are siblings. The male, though, certainly does like hanging out next to me in my man-cave near the barn. He even goes on walks with me around our 25-acre property - almost like my Fi (avatar) did.

The two of them seldom stray more than a 100 feet or so from the barn at night, and they love feeding time.
This is pretty typical. I think female cats make better hunters and male cats are cuddlier.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:38 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4730 Times on 3016 Posts

Cut back on its food and it will want to hunt more.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:04 PM   #8

Liked 727 Times on 374 Posts
Likes Given: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
This is pretty typical. I think female cats make better hunters and male cats are cuddlier.
Winds, thanks. Not a bunch of experience with cats. For a short two years many years ago, my first wife and I had two cats, both male. They were very cuddly with both us and our Shepherd-Collie mix. They were good cats.

Next experience was from 1983-1986, where a cat adopted me and my same Shepherd-Collie mix. They got along wonderfully, he would go with us on our walks, and the three of us would snuggle on the couch and bed. Incredibly affectionate. When I was overseas, my Dad had to put my dog down - something we knew was probably going to happen due to lymphatic cancer). Dad immediately bonded with the cat and when I returned from overseas, I could see the mutual bond and suggested that perhaps Cagney would be better off with Dad than me (a bachelor Army guy). The incredible appreciation seen in my Dad's eyes after he said "you're sure???" and my response of "yes" is to me - to this day - the greatest gift I ever gave to my Dad.

Many years later, Dad had to put his Cagney to sleep due to jaw cancer. Cagney was probably 16-17 years old, and had been with Dad for over ten years. Dad never got over that, and until his dying day, he would weep up whenever he talked about Cagney.

I am experiencing the same over my Fi (avatar).

Last evening, I laid out some old carpet padding on the floor and laid down for a break waiting for the horses to finish eating their hay. The male cat (Spooky) curled up next to me - first time ever. It was a wonderful feeling and the closest I will get to an endorphin-producing experience since Fi was physically with me.

Last edited by RJF22553; 01-23-2017 at 06:07 PM.
winds-of-change Likes This