Indianapolis Colts owner arrested - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Indianapolis Colts owner arrested

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 02:53 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
No not personally, I'm a shareholder of the Green Bay Packers. So I'll never make any $ from it, but I can go to the owners (for the team) meeting every year and have voting rights as far as team management. They usually hold it in the bowl at Lambeau Field. I only went the first year I was an owner.
That's one GREAT thing about the Packers. The team is owned by the town of Green Bay's people, and other interested people, rather than some billionaire who is only concerned about milking the team for money.
Go Packers!

Old 03-17-2014, 02:59 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
That's one GREAT thing about the Packers. The team is owned by the town of Green Bay's people, and other interested people, rather than some billionaire who is only concerned about milking the team for money.
Go Packers!
Yep, never have to worry about the team leaving. There are limits on how many shares any one person can own. I only have one. It's in the middle of the picture.
1395068375898.jpg  

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

People Like This 
Old 03-17-2014, 03:11 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2215 Times on 1547 Posts
Likes Given: 1148

And a Packers owner flies under the radar lol

Old 03-17-2014, 03:24 PM   #14

Liked 67 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Who are these "Packers" you speak of? Are they a professional team?

I'm a FIB, we are supposed to talk like that to those on the other side of the Cheddar Curtain.

When Ditka was here he had a DUI. He landed on his feet and we all still loved him. So as long as the Colts do well, Irsay will be fine. As a billionaire they usually do fine.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:29 PM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2598 Times on 1268 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

Mercator,

Here is the news article! A little long but worth reading. And AIKI in Hamilton County Indiana it does not matter who you are the law is mostly enforced fairly and across the board. So it does not surprise me however I am sure the drugs played a big part since they filed 4 felonies evidently. It seems he has had problems for a long time! And even mentions the disillusionment of his marriage. His place at Carmel is fantastic! I went there a couple of times when they had the Firemen's Ball held there! We will have to see the outcome with his case and with the NFL! I guess the good news is the Carmel Police Department enforces the law with all! Not just us common people but the rich cats!

Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay faces four felony counts after being arrested Sunday night by Carmel police on preliminary charges of driving under the influence and possession of a controlled substance, police said.
Irsay drove at a slow rate of speed, stopped in the roadway and failed to signal a turn before police stopped him, Lt. Joe Bickel of the Carmel Police Department said in a release.
"During the course of the investigation, Irsay subsequently failed several roadside field sobriety tests," Bickel said.
In an inventory of Irsay's vehicle, "multiple prescription drugs were discovered in pill bottles," police said. "These Schedule IV prescription drugs were not associated with any prescription bottles found in the vehicle."
Irsay faces four counts of felony possession of controlled substances.
In a tweet on Oct. 21, 2013, Irsay said he has not had a drink in 15 years.
The bond for Irsay was set at $22,500, said Deputy Bryant Orem of the Hamilton County Sheriff's Department. Irsay should be able to post bond and be released this afternoon, Orem said.
Irsay, 54, was booked into the Hamilton County Jail at Noblesville at 3:07 a.m. He was stopped at 11:41 p.m. in the 13000 block of Horseferry Road, said Lt. Joe Bickel of the Carmel Police Department.
"We are gathering information at this time regarding last night's incident involving Jim Irsay," read a statement released by the Colts.
"The team will issue additional statements when the facts are sorted and we are aware of the next steps to this process. Many fans have reached out to express their concern and we appreciate their support."
In 2002, Irsay admitted he had an addiction to pain killers.
"After several years of orthopedic operations and procedures, accompanied by long bouts of chronic pain, I became dependent on prescription pain medications," Irsay said in a 2002 statement. "This summer I sought professional help at a nationally recognized facility located outside Indiana. I have successfully dealt with my dependence and my chronic pain issues."
League spokesman Greg Aiello said in an e-mail to USA TODAY Sports that Irsay, if found guilty, would be subject to league discipline: "The league's Personal Conduct Policy applies to all NFL personnel,'' Aiello said via e-mail Monday.
According to the league's policies, "(a)ll persons associated with the NFL are required to avoid 'conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the National Football League.' This requirement applies to players, coaches, other team employees, owners, game officials, and all others privileged to work in the National Football League."
The league's policies further state:
"Apart from any disciplinary action, persons arrested, charged, or otherwise appearing to have engaged in conduct prohibited under this policy generally will be required to undergo a formal clinical evaluation. Based on the results of that evaluation, the person may be encouraged or required to participate in an education program, counseling, or other treatment deemed appropriate by health professionals."
The NFL commissioner decides specific disciplinary actions, according to leaugue rules.
Policies state:
"Discipline may take the form of fines, suspension, or banishment from the League and may include a probationary period and conditions that must be satisfied prior to or following reinstatement. The specifics of the disciplinary response will be based on the nature of the incident, the actual or threatened risk to the participant and others, any prior or additional misconduct (whether or not criminal charges were filed), and other relevant factors."
Hamilton County Indiana is not the place to go to get into trouble! I know when I lived in Hamilton County it was not uncommon for a car thief who was arrested to get a $50,000 bond. And a Burgler $100,000 bond. Which most stayed in jail until after their trial and went direct to prison! An absolute great place to live but do not get in trouble!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 03-17-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Mercator Likes This 
Old 03-17-2014, 03:34 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
And a Packers owner flies under the radar lol
Just the way I like it

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Sniper03 Likes This 
Old 03-17-2014, 03:37 PM   #17

Liked 52 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy36 View Post
Well, he's the team owner, so it's kinda big news. I, being an Indy native, am surprised he was arrested as well instead of being driven home by the cop and dropped off on the quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
Yea, would have been worth a couple season pass at the very least.....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Firearms Talk mobile app

-Roger

Old 03-17-2014, 03:48 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2215 Times on 1547 Posts
Likes Given: 1148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Mercator,

Here is the news article! A little long but worth reading. And AIKI in Hamilton County Indiana it does not matter who you are the law is mostly enforced fairly and across the board. So it does not surprise me however I am sure the drugs played a big part since they filed 4 felonies evidently. It seems he has had problems for a long time! And even mentions the disillusionment of his marriage. His place at Carmel is fantastic! I went there a couple of times when they had the Firemen's Ball held there! We will have to see the outcome with his case and with the NFL! I guess the good news is the Carmel Police Department enforces the law with all! Not just us common people but the rich cats!

Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay faces four felony counts after being arrested Sunday night by Carmel police on preliminary charges of driving under the influence and possession of a controlled substance, police said.
Irsay drove at a slow rate of speed, stopped in the roadway and failed to signal a turn before police stopped him, Lt. Joe Bickel of the Carmel Police Department said in a release.
"During the course of the investigation, Irsay subsequently failed several roadside field sobriety tests," Bickel said.
In an inventory of Irsay's vehicle, "multiple prescription drugs were discovered in pill bottles," police said. "These Schedule IV prescription drugs were not associated with any prescription bottles found in the vehicle."
Irsay faces four counts of felony possession of controlled substances.
In a tweet on Oct. 21, 2013, Irsay said he has not had a drink in 15 years.
The bond for Irsay was set at $22,500, said Deputy Bryant Orem of the Hamilton County Sheriff's Department. Irsay should be able to post bond and be released this afternoon, Orem said.
Irsay, 54, was booked into the Hamilton County Jail at Noblesville at 3:07 a.m. He was stopped at 11:41 p.m. in the 13000 block of Horseferry Road, said Lt. Joe Bickel of the Carmel Police Department.
"We are gathering information at this time regarding last night's incident involving Jim Irsay," read a statement released by the Colts.
"The team will issue additional statements when the facts are sorted and we are aware of the next steps to this process. Many fans have reached out to express their concern and we appreciate their support."
In 2002, Irsay admitted he had an addiction to pain killers.
"After several years of orthopedic operations and procedures, accompanied by long bouts of chronic pain, I became dependent on prescription pain medications," Irsay said in a 2002 statement. "This summer I sought professional help at a nationally recognized facility located outside Indiana. I have successfully dealt with my dependence and my chronic pain issues."
League spokesman Greg Aiello said in an e-mail to USA TODAY Sports that Irsay, if found guilty, would be subject to league discipline: "The league's Personal Conduct Policy applies to all NFL personnel,'' Aiello said via e-mail Monday.
According to the league's policies, "(a)ll persons associated with the NFL are required to avoid 'conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the National Football League.' This requirement applies to players, coaches, other team employees, owners, game officials, and all others privileged to work in the National Football League."
The league's policies further state:
"Apart from any disciplinary action, persons arrested, charged, or otherwise appearing to have engaged in conduct prohibited under this policy generally will be required to undergo a formal clinical evaluation. Based on the results of that evaluation, the person may be encouraged or required to participate in an education program, counseling, or other treatment deemed appropriate by health professionals."
The NFL commissioner decides specific disciplinary actions, according to leaugue rules.
Policies state:
"Discipline may take the form of fines, suspension, or banishment from the League and may include a probationary period and conditions that must be satisfied prior to or following reinstatement. The specifics of the disciplinary response will be based on the nature of the incident, the actual or threatened risk to the participant and others, any prior or additional misconduct (whether or not criminal charges were filed), and other relevant factors."
Hamilton County Indiana is not the place to go to get into trouble! I know when I lived in Hamilton County it was not uncommon for a car thief who was arrested to get a $50,000 bond. And a Burgler $100,000 bond. Which most stayed in jail until after their trial and went direct to prison! An absolute great place to live but do not get in trouble!

thanks sniper. Hamilton Co is a premium place to live. I used to reside there too. As far as Irsay, good people get DUI's and even mess with painkillers, but he also has a track record of hypocritical behavior.

Last edited by Mercator; 03-17-2014 at 03:50 PM.