Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Indianapolis Colts owner arrested (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/indianapolis-colts-owner-arrested-105172/)

Mercator 03-17-2014 12:54 PM

Indianapolis Colts owner arrested

Jim Irsay was booked in Hamilton Co jail for DUI and substance possession. May be out on bail by now.

Mr Irsay led the NFL team owners in blocking Rush Limbaugh from buying a share in the Rams.

AIKIJUTSU 03-17-2014 01:03 PM

It's a wonder he was arrested, with all the clout he has in central Indiana. Must have been a rookie cop.

Mercator 03-17-2014 01:13 PM

He weighs in at about 1 bil. As a person not so much.

Overkill0084 03-17-2014 01:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Chickens... coming home... roosting...

Quote:

Mr Irsay led the NFL team owners in blocking Rush Limbaugh from buying a share in the Rams.
Let me guess, his objection was based on Rush's problem with pain pills? Or just because he wasn't "our kind of people?"

Axxe55 03-17-2014 01:43 PM

i guess this is suppose to be big news? a football coach or player getting arrested isn't that big of news anymore. actually it's pretty common these days.

indy36 03-17-2014 01:49 PM

Well, he's the team owner, so it's kinda big news. I, being an Indy native, am surprised he was arrested as well instead of being driven home by the cop and dropped off on the quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Mercator 03-17-2014 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indy36 (Post 1532087)
Well, he's the team owner, so it's kinda big news. I, being an Indy native, am surprised he was arrested as well instead of being driven home by the cop and dropped off on the quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

There may be more here than meets the eye. Drugs for instance. You know his history. DUI covers a lot of stuff too. Should be in the papers soon.

BigB 03-17-2014 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercator (Post 1532097)
There may be more here than meets the eye. Drugs for instance. You know his history. DUI covers a lot of stuff too. Should be in the papers soon.

Your original post did say substance possession! That would be my guess.

Fun fact of the day, I am an NFL team owner!:cool:

Mercator 03-17-2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigB (Post 1532103)
Your original post did say substance possession! That would be my guess.

Fun fact of the day, I am an NFL team owner!:cool:

Wow. I got questions but won't ask :D You know him though?

BigB 03-17-2014 02:49 PM

No not personally, I'm a shareholder of the Green Bay Packers. So I'll never make any $ from it, but I can go to the owners (for the team) meeting every year and have voting rights as far as team management. They usually hold it in the bowl at Lambeau Field. I only went the first year I was an owner.:)